The Student Room Group

⚠ Help with GCSE prep T~T ⚠

Can someone give me some advice on how to revise.

For me GCSE's are a few years away but I feel like I'm going at a too slow pace.
I'm definitely a master procrastinator and I normally find solutions to most of my study problems but when it comes to revision I'm a hopeless mess.
I hate taking those ✨𝓯𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓪𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬✨ notes and I am awful at trying to study with other people T----T
All I do is re-read the same pages over and over again till I understand it...…only to fail any practice exam I ever have :biggrin:

So if anyone has any ways that u think might work for me, I would be eternally grateful! 😄
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
People don't normally start taking GCSEs too seriously until year 11, so I wouldn't worry too much for the time being, although it is good that you are aware that effort will need to go into it, eventually.
Each subject fits a different revision method, but I generally find that using flashcards/information cards for subjects such as geography, history, English etc are good, and past paper questions for maths and science in particular are your best bet.
Don't start off at too fast a pace or you'll burn yourself out before you get to year 11, but good luck!
Original post by LJ234
People don't normally start taking GCSEs too seriously until year 11, so I wouldn't worry too much for the time being, although it is good that you are aware that effort will need to go into it, eventually.
Each subject fits a different revision method, but I generally find that using flashcards/information cards for subjects such as geography, history, English etc are good, and past paper questions for maths and science in particular are your best bet.
Don't start off at too fast a pace or you'll burn yourself out before you get to year 11, but good luck!

Thank you, I'll try it out ^^

Quick Reply

Latest