The Student Room Group

Hi everyone!

Hi! My name is ****** (my nickname is Mashle) and I go to **** School, doing my GCSE's now. This is quite different than I expected, it's more like a social hub than a learning thing but I like it.

To start off, I've got English Language 1 on Monday but I'm more worried about History on Wednesday. Anyone got any tips on revising Elizabeth and Cold War? Thx.

Anyways, nice to meet you! :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
hey! im chloe, im study at home, but just from textbooks and stuff rather then tutors
ive also got english language 1 on monday, is that edexcel igcse english language?
nice to meet you!
Welcome to TSR!
Reply 3
Hi! I've got AQA GCSE English, not edexcel. I don't know if it's different for you or what tho.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it like studying at home? I've got a bit of an idea thanks to covid, but that was just really messed up and I don't think that is what home-learning is like. Just curious \(^-^)/. Thx
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
hey! im chloe, im study at home, but just from textbooks and stuff rather then tutors
ive also got english language 1 on monday, is that edexcel igcse english language?
nice to meet you!
Reply 4
Thanks!
Original post by iL1L
Welcome to TSR!
Reply 5
Original post by Mashle
Hi! I've got AQA GCSE English, not edexcel. I don't know if it's different for you or what tho.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it like studying at home? I've got a bit of an idea thanks to covid, but that was just really messed up and I don't think that is what home-learning is like. Just curious \(^-^)/. Thx

AQA is much different to Edexcel, but all the luck anyway!
Stuyding at home isnt as easy as it sounds, as theres often distractions, and you never know if what you're doing is truly correct
but there is also many positives, you can focus more on specific subjects, and you can study anytime of day, any day
Reply 6
Thanks and good luck with your exam too. As long as you've revised enough, (unlike me who procrastinates like forever) you'll probably be fine! : D
And yeah, trying to do a bit of H/W with my phone next to me is difficult enough T-T. But you get to choose what you study so I'm jealous. But I guess you can't drop English which I wish it finished end of yr 9 (from that point on it was exam prep. exam prep, Macbeth and old text, oh and a ton more exam prep).
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
AQA is much different to Edexcel, but all the luck anyway!
Stuyding at home isnt as easy as it sounds, as theres often distractions, and you never know if what you're doing is truly correct
but there is also many positives, you can focus more on specific subjects, and you can study anytime of day, any day
Reply 7
Hi everyone

Quick Reply

Latest