The Student Room Group

H&R recycle bin

Why can't I click on old threads that I previously commented on as it says it's gone to H and R recycle bin?
That is where naughty threads go, you can't see in there.
Original post by Fondant4075
Why can't I click on old threads that I previously commented on as it says it's gone to H and R recycle bin?

It means that the CT (mods) have binned the thread due to rule-breaking content. You clearly comment on controversial threads!
Original post by DiddyDec
That is where naughty threads go, you can't see in there.

I like the idea of a punishment area for naughty threads.
You can see the normal recycling bin, it will be a collection of all your best posts that were too hot for TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=233
Original post by DiddyDec
You can see the normal recycling bin, it will be a collection of all your best posts that were too hot for TSR.

No controversial threads started by me, just love to start a debate on some of them haha.
It’s a bin for threads. Just as you wouldn’t go round rummaging in real bins you should stay away from this site’s recycle bin. Not good for you.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
It’s a bin for threads. Just as you wouldn’t go round rummaging in real bins you should stay away from this site’s recycle bin. Not good for you.

Can confirm, i reguarly go for a swim in there and i think I've picked up Weil's disease :afraid:
There's a couple different bins the site uses, the general recycling bin is where most threads that are binned by volunteers end up. People can see their own comments in there i believe.
There is also the community staff bin where most CS put threads they have binned in the mod queue into. Some do also end up in the general bin though. The CS bin is not visible to volunteers and users cannot see their own posts there afaik.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending