The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Ecconomics

I want to do Ecconomics in LSE.But have not taken further maths.My A levels are maths,physics and chemistry and have A* predicted for all three.AS is finance and got A as well.Am I likely to get in LSE?
Reply 1
Original post by v1w11
I want to do Ecconomics in LSE.But have not taken further maths.My A levels are maths,physics and chemistry and have A* predicted for all three.AS is finance and got A as well.Am I likely to get in LSE?

Honestly lse prefer you to have taken furthermaths as well as an essay based subject which you dont have
but that doesnt mean you should apply as you are clearly smart since you have good predicted grades

you just need to show in your personal statement that you have strong mathematical ability and can also think critically perhaps enter an essay competition to show your writing skills and you could talk about that

on the lse website it shows that they look for these in the personal statement:
- an ability to apply logic
- quantitative aptitude and the ability to follow complex lines of mathematical reasoning
- an ability to be creative and flexible in approaching problems
- an ability to think independently
- good communication skills
- intellectual curiosity
- motivation and capacity for hard work

make sure you show all of these points in your personal statement that is what I think helped me to get in by including all those points.

they dont take many people who dont take furthermaths as its so competitive they can choose someone else who did take furthermaths. that said, its not impossible and their have been a handful of people who didn't take furthermaths who got into the bsc economics course.
up to you if you want to take the risk! good luck!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by v1w11
I am not a magician, there is no answer to your question.

Best way to find out is apply. It's only 1 choice out of 5.

Further Maths is desirable, but not essential. If taking FM and Maths then they want the third subject to be essay based, but that doesn't apply to you. But the Finance aspect has that partially covered anyway.

I'd say you have a chance, I just have no idea how big, because that depends on everybody who is in competition with you.
Its always worth apply for one of two courses with entry requirements just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a required subject. You may get an offer and that is enormous motivation to really study hard for those big grades.
Original post by ss2004
does FM at AS level help? Can OP try to do FM still, if only, at the AS level?

It will improve their chances, certainly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending