The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics and Economic History 2024 Thread

hey! I thought I would create the thread for everyone who is applying for Economics and Economic History at LSE.

If you're applying for pure econ, you're more than welcome to share your stats down below!!
-would really appreciate the discussion about our PS's and stats

my stats:

gcses: 99999999886
a levels: A*A*A (Econ, Maths, German)
EPQ: A
unis: Cambridge (rejected), LSE, UCL, King’s (rejected (i dont know wtf is in kings admission mind but kk, kind of discouraging…). and QMUL (got an offer)

link to the lse 2024 thread. fill out their form to be in the spreadsheet:smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7400233 ( a link to responses (no form to fill it out anymore) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16FOUpL0hVxn9uYbYWtOZQsRiTWCQ9UNFthOVZE4XwxQ/edit#gid=974988413)

UCL 2024 SPREADSHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1APbQJsV-aFS8NDimU23waCfr3HyRIB_gOiA_okyxI50/htmlview?pli=1#gid=194357609

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bsc_economics_and_economic_histo_2
(edited 4 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bro is my competition , we are not making it out the hood
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
same course
my stats:
a levels: 4A* Econ, Maths, EPQ, Russian and an A in psychology
unis: LSE, KCL, Bristol, Manchester, QMUL.

got offers from QMUL and Manchester so far
i wonder when these will start coming out
Does the dept. of economic history send out all offers for their courses together? Or is it course by course, i.e. waves of Economic History, another wave of Economics and Economic History, etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
Does the dept. of economic history send out all offers for their courses together? Or is it course by course, i.e. waves of Economic History, another wave of Economics and Economic History, etc.

It’s more like offer by offer I think, particular ppl go trough different courses and send out as soon

last year i think majority of the offers for this course were sent out this month so hopefully the same happens this year
Original post by Anonymous #1
last year i think majority of the offers for this course were sent out this month so hopefully the same happens this year

Last time I checked a spreadsheet, I thought I saw majority of offers come for these subjects in April last year
Reply 8
Last time I checked a spreadsheet, I thought I saw majority of offers come for these subjects in April last year

How there are +-500 applications for this exact course and they still send out offers only in April :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by alexav
How there are +-500 applications for this exact course and they still send out offers only in April :frown:

hopefully there can be some news from the economic history department soon 🙂
hopefully there can be some news from the economic history department soon 🙂

when are we expecting to hear from them, I didnt take history only econ politics and maths so not expecting an offer.
How much economic history did everyone put?
Original post by hk111111111
when are we expecting to hear from them, I didnt take history only econ politics and maths so not expecting an offer.
How much economic history did everyone put?

I put one sentence and wrote about maths instead.
I put one sentence and wrote about maths instead.

What subjects do you take at A level and predicted grades?
Does anyone actually have 50 percent economic history, and even if not what topics did you talk about in PS. Did you also include your opinions on issues?
And should we expect competition and offer rates to be even lower this year than previous years, or will they likely increase the number of spaces as well for Economics and Economic History at LSE?
And should we expect competition and offer rates to be even lower this year than previous years, or will they likely increase the number of spaces as well for Economics and Economic History at LSE?

what are normal competition rates like?
what are normal competition rates like?

5.36 percent last year see LSE website
Does anyone actually have 50 percent economic history, and even if not what topics did you talk about in PS. Did you also include your opinions on issues?

What did you talk about if you didn't do 50% economic history?
5.36 percent last year see LSE website

oh gosh 😳
What did you talk about if you didn't do 50% economic history?

Economics a lot of people talk about i presume rather than economic history? Do we expect offer rate to be slightly higher this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending