The Student Room Group

QLTS provider for SQE exams

Hi, has anyone used the materials provided by QLTS to self-study for the SQE1 exam? Can you please share your experience so far? I am intending on purchasing their materials to self study for the July 2022 sitting.
Reply 1
Hi, I am using the QLTS prep materials. Historically QLTS covered the QLTS and OSCE exams for foreign qualified lawyers so I chose them because of their experience.
Once you pay for the materials you receive them within a few days. I have a law degree already so some of the modules I have covered already (contract, tort, constitutional law etc) but the materials will be just fine for non-law graduates too. There are approx 16 modules, with each module coming in the form of A4 sized spiralled bound books. Students also get a log-in to the QLTS website where videos, flash cards, revision guides and multiple choice questions (MCQ) are available for each subject.
I will be honest that there is so much material that at times it can be overwhelming. I went through a stage of thinking that it was impossible for me to learn everything using all the options available. I personally think it would be impossible (or take years!) to get through the booklets, videos, flash cards and MCQs but QLTS advise to use the flash cards to improve on areas you get stuck on. The revision notes are far too long to be revision notes so I ended up making my own notes.
I would recommend going with QLTS but I would also recommend looking at Barbri and perhaps the OUP textbooks too. If there is a criticism of QLTS it is that I think the pitch the MCQs for each module at too high a standard. When I’ve looked at the sample questions provided by Kaplan and the SRA their questions are more straight forward then the ones provided by QLTS.
Reply 2
Original post by Negan1
Hi, I am using the QLTS prep materials. Historically QLTS covered the QLTS and OSCE exams for foreign qualified lawyers so I chose them because of their experience.
Once you pay for the materials you receive them within a few days. I have a law degree already so some of the modules I have covered already (contract, tort, constitutional law etc) but the materials will be just fine for non-law graduates too. There are approx 16 modules, with each module coming in the form of A4 sized spiralled bound books. Students also get a log-in to the QLTS website where videos, flash cards, revision guides and multiple choice questions (MCQ) are available for each subject.
I will be honest that there is so much material that at times it can be overwhelming. I went through a stage of thinking that it was impossible for me to learn everything using all the options available. I personally think it would be impossible (or take years!) to get through the booklets, videos, flash cards and MCQs but QLTS advise to use the flash cards to improve on areas you get stuck on. The revision notes are far too long to be revision notes so I ended up making my own notes.
I would recommend going with QLTS but I would also recommend looking at Barbri and perhaps the OUP textbooks too. If there is a criticism of QLTS it is that I think the pitch the MCQs for each module at too high a standard. When I’ve looked at the sample questions provided by Kaplan and the SRA their questions are more straight forward then the ones provided by QLTS.

Hi! I enrolled in the QLTS SQE 1 prep advantage course last month. How did you find it? Did you pass? I have a Scottish law degree and I am finding it OK at the moment but were the mock questions the same as in the SQE exam in November? Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 3
Original post by ri8110
Hi! I enrolled in the QLTS SQE 1 prep advantage course last month. How did you find it? Did you pass? I have a Scottish law degree and I am finding it OK at the moment but were the mock questions the same as in the SQE exam in November? Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi how did you get on with QLTS? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending