The Student Room Group

Get funding for second masters

So I’m studying sqe 1 & 2 (part time) with llm but I want to drop out as I didn’t do too well in the exams and have resits which I know I will fail. I want to go to a different university and do the lpc instead. Will I be able to get a tuition fee for this?
If you have a masters student loan for the SQE course I believe you cannot get a second masters loan via Student finance England (although various commercial providers/banks etc do provide commercial loans) . If you are moving within the same organisation from SQE to an LPC course it may be worth asking the university (a) if they will give you a discount on LPC fees as an existing student and (b) what they have to say about masters student loans in case they know more.

Quick Reply