The Student Room Group

Official Veterinary Medicine Applicants thread 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hello, just wondering if anybody received the Glasgow subject ethical reasoning test for the 5 year programme? It seems like the 4 year programme applicants already have filled them out, so just wondering.
Original post by averyskk
Hello, just wondering if anybody received the Glasgow subject ethical reasoning test for the 5 year programme? It seems like the 4 year programme applicants already have filled them out, so just wondering.

If I remember correctly from last year, not everyone will actually ever receive it… they slowly trickle it out to some applicants who have passed the first round of screening but it’s not like the other vet schools where it gets sent to all!
Reply 382
Original post by averyskk

They don’t get sent out in one load but trickle out as they go through the UCAS applications. Unfortunately not everyone will receive it if they proceed as in prior years. They do a pretty hefty filter before this stage.
Original post by Tb769
Hi,
Anyone heard back from Uclan yet? We have submitted our application a while back have heard from all except Uclan
Thanks

Hi there @Tb769,

Please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with further information.

If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @Tb769,

Please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with further information.

If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Hi, I was just wondering does everyone get asked for evidence of things like degree transcripts etc.? My friend sent in an application on Monday just before the deadline and she’s been asked for more evidence, however I applied in early September and I haven’t been asked for anything else. Should I be concerned?
Reply 385
Original post by itsablandlife
Hi, I was just wondering does everyone get asked for evidence of things like degree transcripts etc.? My friend sent in an application on Monday just before the deadline and she’s been asked for more evidence, however I applied in early September and I haven’t been asked for anything else. Should I be concerned?

Is this in context of UClan or in general?
Original post by Tb769
Is this in context of UClan or in general?

UCLan :smile:
Reply 387
UCLan :smile:

Hmm not sure if it's a good news or not a good news. Anyone else heard from Uclan asking for transcripts or at all? @UCLan Ambassador is the ask for transcripts a step in the process?

yeah i submitted last wednesday, havent heard for vet med,only thing ive heard from uclan is ive recieved an offer for my backup, pharmacology. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is a degree transcript ?
Original post by momo_basket
yeah i submitted last wednesday, havent heard for vet med,only thing ive heard from uclan is ive recieved an offer for my backup, pharmacology. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what is a degree transcript ?

Don't worry! :smile: A degree transcript is basically an official document with your final grade and then a breakdown of the modules and individual marks for that if that makes sense
Don't worry! :smile: A degree transcript is basically an official document with your final grade and then a breakdown of the modules and individual marks for that if that makes sense

ahh i see thanks for explaining :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by momo_basket

Were your A level results sufficient for the standard offer? If so maybe they won’t ask for the degree transcript.
Original post by Jannet2ester
Hello @UCLan Ambassador , when will we get acknowledgements that our application has been received?

Hi there @Jannet2ester,

Thank you for your message. If you have submitted your application through the online portal, you should receive an email of acknowledgement soon. If you submitted your application in September and haven't received any email yet, please contact our admissions team at [email protected]. Within your email please include your full name, course name, date of birth and email address and they will be able to look into this for you.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
(edited 6 months ago)
Hello! I am reapplying to study veterinary medicine this year after being rejected last year post-interviews. I am Scottish, 18 years old and currently studying an HNC in animal care to fill up my year.

Unis I have applied to: Glasgow, Edinburgh, UCLAN, and I am going to apply to SRUC once open.

Grades: Higher AAAAAA, Advanced Higher AA
Work experience: 41hrs vet practices (continuing to work as an ACA in one), 16hr farm animal + handling classes at college

I have had acknowledgement emails from Glasgow and Edinburgh but so far nothing from UCLAN.

I wish everyone luck with their applications! 🩺🐾

Hi there @itsablandlife,

This can depend on the application and what qualifications you have included in your application. Please be assured that our admissions team will be in touch if they require more information to enable us to process your application. If you have any questions about your application you can contact our admissions team at [email protected] for further information.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by chloeallan0
Hello! I am reapplying to study veterinary medicine this year after being rejected last year post-interviews. I am Scottish, 18 years old and currently studying an HNC in animal care to fill up my year.

Unis I have applied to: Glasgow, Edinburgh, UCLAN, and I am going to apply to SRUC once open.

Grades: Higher AAAAAA, Advanced Higher AA
Work experience: 41hrs vet practices (continuing to work as an ACA in one), 16hr farm animal + handling classes at college

I have had acknowledgement emails from Glasgow and Edinburgh but so far nothing from UCLAN.

I wish everyone luck with their applications! 🩺🐾

Hi there @chloeallan0,

How are you? It's great to hear that you have applied for our BVMS Veterinary Medicine & Surgery course! :smile:

Please be assured that if you have submitted your application you should receive an acknowledgment email shortly.

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 396
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @Jannet2ester,

Thank you for your message. If you have submitted your application through the online portal, you should receive an email of acknowledgement soon. If you submitted your application in September and haven't received any email yet, please contact our admissions team at [email protected]. Within your email please include your full name, course name, date of birth and email address and they will be able to look into this for you.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah

Thanks Sarah,
When you say online portal you meant via UCAS ? So you are saying that people who just applied recently should have got acknowledgement but people.who applied in Sept and haven't received acknowledgement should contact admissions ?
Am sure there are quiet a few candidates here who applied in Sept and haven't got acknowledgement.
Is there anyone who recently applied and got acknowledgement from Uclan?
Thanks
Reply 397
Hey! Applying to Surrey and just wanted to check that we just need to do the situational judgement test and don't need to upload references or fill out work experience info anywhere? Thanks:smile:
Original post by tesskika
Hey! Applying to Surrey and just wanted to check that we just need to do the situational judgement test and don't need to upload references or fill out work experience info anywhere? Thanks:smile:

Surrey seemed to have had a change of heart this year and their website states no work experiences or references necessary…. Quite the U turn from previous years!
Original post by -mia-
I have applied to Bristol, Surrey, Nottingham and Aberystwyth, which have you applied to?

Just checking for Bristol as I know vetmum said you can open and close the questionnaire but it just won’t save just 100% checking that you can’t only open it once as someone told me once you open it that’s it and you have to complete it then and you can’t close it so just want to make sure before I click it to open it 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending