The Student Room Group

Official Veterinary Medicine Applicants thread 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ALEreapp
Just so you don’t get your hopes up too much both times I applied I got my offer from them mid-April… so not sure what usual timeline they are referring to aha but I wouldn’t hold your breath x

Thanks ALEreapp, Good to manage expectations!
Original post by ALEreapp
Just so you don’t get your hopes up too much both times I applied I got my offer from them mid-April… so not sure what usual timeline they are referring to aha but I wouldn’t hold your breath x

Ah that makes me feel a lot better thanks ! 😭
Original post by Rudiwoo
Anyone on hold for Nottingham had an update recently? They hope to contact most by March 29th...😟

I got my Notts responses in April then May when I applied two years running. They might send an email to the tune of 'we have an unexpected number of candidates' and then extend their date, they used that both years I applied and believe I've seen it in application rounds years after.
Does being on hold essentially mean you are on the waitlist or is it that they just haven’t decided yet. I’m currently on hold for Nottingham and a bit confused what it actually means!
Original post by Future Bristol
For mature students they want GCSE grades C in maths and English (which I have) and also grade C in science, however their admission policy states "Where an applicant has not achieved the required GCSE or equivalent grades but has subsequently taken Level 3 qualifications (A-levels or equivalent) which meet our published entry requirements in full and include Biology and Chemistry as discrete subjects with awarded grades, this will be deemed to fulfil the GCSE requirement." Which I have done with an access to HE diploma in science, I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same circumstances

Hi
I’m a mature student and applied with a HE diploma. They didn’t mention it bypassing any of my GCSE grades. I got a B in Chem C in Bio and D in physics . Also had maths and English . Don’t know if this helps x
Original post by ameliabea
Does being on hold essentially mean you are on the waitlist or is it that they just haven’t decided yet. I’m currently on hold for Nottingham and a bit confused what it actually means!

It depends on the uni. I believe for Nottingham they essentially rank the interview results and offer places starting from the highest score until they hit their maximum. Being on the waitlist means you scored high enough to be considered but they're full, if the offers they've made aren't accepted they then offer to those on the waitlist, again starting with the highest ranked interview score.
It's brutal & there's no way to know where you are on the waitlist or calculate your chances.
It's an achievement just to get an interview so to score high enough to be waitlisted is impressive and although it's frustrating and doesn't help please remember you've done really well.
Just got a rejection through from Bristol (Graduate entry). Not too upset about it as I have other offers and had already decided I wasn't likely going to accept Bristol if I got the offer.

Came through on UCAS, reason given was the SAQ. I had to scroll down and click on a withdrawn/rejected application section on UCAS, and the reason was given there. (Since I know someone was asking about how to access the reason a little while ago)
Original post by 06parent
It depends on the uni. I believe for Nottingham they essentially rank the interview results and offer places starting from the highest score until they hit their maximum. Being on the waitlist means you scored high enough to be considered but they're full, if the offers they've made aren't accepted they then offer to those on the waitlist, again starting with the highest ranked interview score.
It's brutal & there's no way to know where you are on the waitlist or calculate your chances.
It's an achievement just to get an interview so to score high enough to be waitlisted is impressive and although it's frustrating and doesn't help please remember you've done really well.

Ah that makes sense, thanks so much !
Just received an offer UCLan foundation:smile:)
Original post by lucaspawprints
just received an offer uclan foundation:smile:)

well done!!!!
just received RVC gateway after being rejected for the 5 year. So glad 😭 I’ve heard back from all unis now just waiting for Liverpool to give 2024 or 2025 it’s killing me!!
Original post by lucaspawprints
Just received an offer UCLan foundation:smile:)

Same here! I remember there being a big debate about then getting into the vet course did it ever get confirmed? Do you think if you’re on the waitlist for the vet course does that count as passing the interview stage or would you have needed the offer? Or do you just have to pass the first year? So confused 😂 don’t know whether I’d accept if it’s just to apply again next year when o already have grades for the uclan course? Thanks ahha
Reply 4612
Is anyone still waiting to hear back for vet graduate entry for RVC? It’s now come up to bank holiday and I’m so worried as I’ve not heard anything. Was told by admissions that responses would be sent by end of March.
Original post by Iy100
Is anyone still waiting to hear back for vet graduate entry for RVC? It’s now come up to bank holiday and I’m so worried as I’ve not heard anything. Was told by admissions that responses would be sent by end of March.

Yes. I've been following this thread for weeks and there are lots of people still waiting for RVC.
Don't take every vague date given to you over the phone as a deadline.
Hello all - congratulations to those of you who have received offers over the last few days and fingers crossed to those of you who are still waiting.

Just a reminder of TSR guidelines:
Details of any off site groups, which includes and does not limit to such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Discord should not be shared on TSR. TSR cannot be held accountable for what goes on outside of the site so for the safety of yourself and others please do not share these groups on TSR.

Please do bear this in mind as you continue your discussions ahead.
Has anyone on Surrey waitlist had an update about their application. They said they would provide a further update before Easter bank holiday but haven’t received anything ?
Hi can anyone answer this?
My acceptance email says my fee status is home fee of £1820 do I have to pay this or is it covers by saas?
Thanks
Original post by Bellfrend
Has anyone on Surrey waitlist had an update about their application. They said they would provide a further update before Easter bank holiday but haven’t received anything ?

No I haven’t had any update yet either 😫
Original post by Saffronnn•
Hi can anyone answer this?
My acceptance email says my fee status is home fee of £1820 do I have to pay this or is it covers by saas?
Thanks

Covered by sass
what are the chances of uclan waitlist does everyone think as I know it’s their first year so idk if this is basically a rejection pending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending