The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Official Northumbria University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Northumbria University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

My firm offer is Adult Nursing BSc (Hons) and I'm currently doing the Access to HE (Nursing and Midwifery)

I didn't know until Student Admissions told me the other day that my A-Level UCAS points count towards the conditional offer also, so my original A-Levels plus my first D18 credits equal 121.6 UCAS points, with 86.4 points remaining on the last 4 assignments which are across the next 3 months
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
I received an initial offer for graphic design in December and then uploaded my portfolio after this, but I haven’t heard back since.
Has anyone else in a portfolio based subject heard back and had the offer confirmed yet?
My firm offer is Adult Nursing BSc (Hons) and I am currently studying Access to HE Health.
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Northumbria University for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi, I’ll be studying children’s Nursing at Northumbria in Sep. Anyone else doing this course? I’ve just completed my Access to HE, just waiting for certificate 😃
Hey anyone doing Social Work in September?
So, I received my transcript this morning for the Access to HE (Nursing and Midwifery) diploma which I did at Newcastle College, and I've resulted with all 45 Distinctions, which is 144 UCAS Points :h:

To get onto the degree I applied for, which is is Nursing Science, RN Adult, BSc (Hons), I needed 120 UCAS Points minimum and a C or above in English and Maths from my GCSEs, which I got back in the day in high school.

I was so surprised when I opened up the letter this morning and saw that I passed the anatomy and physiology exam with a distinction because I was so nervous for it!

Everything's now uploaded on my applicant portal, so just have to wait for admissions to check and verify, but I'm so happy with my results.
Can anyone tell me, do I have to upload my Access Course results to UCAS or does the college do that?
When I called yesterday, they told me to upload the transcript, certificate, GCSEs and A-Level certificates all on the student portal. I also added in my police check just incase. :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Can anyone tell me, do I have to upload my Access Course results to UCAS or does the college do that?
Thanks 🙂
It's official for me now! Just found out in the last hour that my place is confirmed!
Original post by robertheslop
It's official for me now! Just found out in the last hour that my place is confirmed!

Well done!!
Reply 12
Original post by Kellie_google
Well done!!

Well done :smile:
So, I received my transcript this morning for the Access to HE (Nursing and Midwifery) diploma which I did at Newcastle College, and I've resulted with all 45 Distinctions, which is 144 UCAS Points :h:

To get onto the degree I applied for, which is is Nursing Science, RN Adult, BSc (Hons), I needed 120 UCAS Points minimum and a C or above in English and Maths from my GCSEs, which I got back in the day in high school.

I was so surprised when I opened up the letter this morning and saw that I passed the anatomy and physiology exam with a distinction because I was so nervous for it!

Everything's now uploaded on my applicant portal, so just have to wait for admissions to check and verify, but I'm so happy with my results.

Congratulations on your results!

Becky
Northumbria University UG Rep

Congratulations on your offer to study at Northumbria University! We look forward to welcoming you onto campus soon :smile:

Becky
Original post by LLLLouise
Hi, I’ll be studying children’s Nursing at Northumbria in Sep. Anyone else doing this course? I’ve just completed my Access to HE, just waiting for certificate 😃

Hi Louise!

Looking forward to seeing you on campus in September!

Becky
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

I have a place for September, studying Foundation Psychology. I am not currently studying atm but I have done an Access to HE course at college.

I pray you all have a blessed day! 🙏🏻
Reply 17
Original post by Leahjanemclarenx
I have a place for September, studying Foundation Psychology. I am not currently studying atm but I have done an Access to HE course at college.

Well don! Good luck! 🙂
Original post by Leahjanemclarenx

Congratulations Leah!

Becky
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Congratulations Leah!

Becky

Thank you Becky! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending