Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is the fluid coming out at the end of the ascending limb more concentrated and lesser in volume?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

A related question:

Does ADH effects the permeability of the Loop of Henle or the collecting duct? I seem to have contradicting notes :s:

ReputationRep:
    ADH affects the permeability of the collecting duct definitely, not sure about the loop. On a side note, just to add more confusion, I think I read somewhere that it affects the permeability of the CD, and the distal convoluted tubule.

(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    ADH affects the permeability of the collecting duct definitely, not sure about the loop. On a side note, just to add more confusion, I think I read somewhere that it affects the permeability of the CD, and the distal convoluted tubule.

My notes which say it affects the collecting duct also says that if affects the DCT. So, you are probably right.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so yeah it probably is the DCT and the CD, but not the loop of H.

I'd just google it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by - skyhigh -)
    A related question:

Does ADH effects the permeability of the Loop of Henle or the collecting duct? I seem to have contradicting notes :s:
    ADH - also known as Vasopressin, just in case you ever come across that - affects the permeability of the collecting ducts to water. Essentially, it causes the collecting ducts to increase expression of water-molecule-permeable proteins known as aquaporin-2, thereby allowing more water to be retained.

Renal physiology ftw :p:.

ReputationRep:
    incase you want a really long explanation of why
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...46&postcount=4

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the rep, skyhigh . If you want me to explain any more of it, send a PM lol.

Demon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 18, 2008

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.