The Student Room Group
:yep:
A related question:

Does ADH effects the permeability of the Loop of Henle or the collecting duct? I seem to have contradicting notes :s:
ADH affects the permeability of the collecting duct definitely, not sure about the loop. On a side note, just to add more confusion, I think I read somewhere that it affects the permeability of the CD, and the distal convoluted tubule.

:s-smilie:
Transatlanticdrawl_
ADH affects the permeability of the collecting duct definitely, not sure about the loop. On a side note, just to add more confusion, I think I read somewhere that it affects the permeability of the CD, and the distal convoluted tubule.

:s-smilie:

My notes which say it affects the collecting duct also says that if affects the DCT. So, you are probably right.
Ah, so yeah it probably is the DCT and the CD, but not the loop of H.

I'd just google it tbh
Reply 6
- skyhigh
A related question:

Does ADH effects the permeability of the Loop of Henle or the collecting duct? I seem to have contradicting notes :s:
ADH - also known as Vasopressin, just in case you ever come across that - affects the permeability of the collecting ducts to water. Essentially, it causes the collecting ducts to increase expression of water-molecule-permeable proteins known as aquaporin-2, thereby allowing more water to be retained.

Renal physiology ftw :p:.
Reply 7
incase you want a really long explanation of why
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15242946&postcount=4
Reply 8
Thanks for the rep, skyhigh :smile:. If you want me to explain any more of it, send a PM lol.

Demon

Latest

Trending

Trending