The Student Room Group

Official MATHS APPLICANTS 2023 entry

Welcome to the Official MATHS APPLICANT and OFFERS 2023 thread !

Unis applied for :
Courses (BSc, MMath etc) :
Grades/Predictions :
Date of application :
Favourite Uni (why) :

Please update with OFFERS WHEN you get them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’ve applied for MMath at Oxford, Warwick, Bath and Durham plus BSc at Exeter. I have an offer for Exeter AAA and Warwick A*A*A. Loved Oxford, Warwick and Bath but don't have a top choice between those 3.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Hiya guys!
I’ve applied for an MMath at Durham, Warwick, Bath, Exeter and York. I applied on 4th Nov and am predicted 4A*s (Maths, FM, Chem, Econ) and got 11 9s at GCSE. I have an offer from Exeter so far (A*AA including Maths) and have been invited to interview at York!!! I don’t yet have a top choice.
Reply 3
Original post by MeleA
Hiya guys!
I’ve applied for an MMath at Durham, Warwick, Bath, Exeter and York. I applied on 4th Nov and am predicted 4A*s (Maths, FM, Chem, Econ) and got 11 9s at GCSE. I have an offer from Exeter so far (A*AA including Maths) and have been invited to interview at York!!! I don’t yet have a top choice.

Congrats! We have applied to 4 of the same unis. Fingers crossed for the others!
Reply 4
Yas! When did you get your Warwick offer through??
Reply 5
Original post by MeleA
Yas! When did you get your Warwick offer through??

Friday 4th November. Application was submitted 13th October if that helps?
Reply 6
Original post by Rellims
Friday 4th November. Application was submitted 13th October if that helps?

What was the offer?
Reply 7
A*A*A
Reply 8
Original post by Rellims
A*A*A

did they mention any admissions tests?
Reply 9
It was contextual
Reply 10
Any offers from Bath?
Reply 11
Unis applied for: Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Durham, UCL
Courses: MMath
Predicted grades: A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Physics. 6.6 in TMUA.
Date of Application: 14th October
Favourite uni: Imperial (was rejected by Oxford pre-interview).
Getting worried about Warwick as it seems loads of people have already received offers for Maths and I applied at about the same time as them. If I do get the offer then it'll be reduced tho so all good.
Reply 12
Original post by tq002
Getting worried about Warwick as it seems loads of people have already received offers for Maths and I applied at about the same time as them. If I do get the offer then it'll be reduced tho so all good.

Good luck, hope you hear soon… What did you like so much about Imperial out of interest?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Original post by tq002

Good luck! What did you like so much about Imperial out of interest?
Reply 14
I visited Imperial one weekend to see a mate and was extremely impressed by how bright everyone seemed. There's so much rubbish that gets said about how Imperial isn't a sociable place but I've seen firsthand, the truth is that if you're an outgoing person then you'll end up making great mates anywhere you go. I also really, really fancy living in London. I know it's more expensive but Imperial has a massive undergraduate bursary for low-income households which I'd be eligible for. For me personally, Imperial edges out Warwick for prestige as well. I'd be extremely happy at either. What's your top remaining choice atm?
Original post by hrr1
Good luck! What did you like so much about Imperial out of interest?
Reply 15
Original post by tq002
I visited Imperial one weekend to see a mate and was extremely impressed by how bright everyone seemed. There's so much rubbish that gets said about how Imperial isn't a sociable place but I've seen firsthand, the truth is that if you're an outgoing person then you'll end up making great mates anywhere you go. I also really, really fancy living in London. I know it's more expensive but Imperial has a massive undergraduate bursary for low-income households which I'd be eligible for. For me personally, Imperial edges out Warwick for prestige as well. I'd be extremely happy at either. What's your top remaining choice atm?

I’m still a bit torn but I think Warwick. Rejected by Oxford. I have offers from Warwick and Exeter but waiting on Bath and Durham. Didn’t apply to any London unis as I’m a Londoner and want to go elsewhere for a change of scene… That said, London is a very cool place to be!
Unis applied for : Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, UCL, Bath
Courses (BSc, MMath etc) : MEng/MComp Maths and Computing, BSc Mathematics (Warwick)
Grades/Predictions : 3 A*s + EPQ A*
Date of application : 13th Oct
Favourite Uni (why) : prob Warwick currently as I was really impressed by their campus and the way they described their course on the open day.

Received: rejection from Oxford, offer from Warwick
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Out of interest, when did you receive your Warwick offer? Was it contextual or was it just a standard offer?
Original post by GreenStar7
Unis applied for : Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, UCL, Bath
Courses (BSc, MMath etc) : MEng/MComp Maths and Computing, BSc Mathematics (Warwick)
Grades/Predictions : 3 A*s + EPQ A*
Date of application : 13th Oct
Favourite Uni (why) : prob Warwick currently as I was really impressed by their campus and the way they described their course on the open day.

Received: rejection from Oxford, offer from Warwick
Original post by tq002
Out of interest, when did you receive your Warwick offer? Was it contextual or was it just a standard offer?

Received offer from Warwick around end of October. It was the standard offer, but I’ve scored enough on the TMUA to get it reduced to A*A*A.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your tmua score?

Quick Reply

Latest