The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Economics Finance and Data Science Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Guys did I majorly mess up by applying for this course with a PS geared towards politics and economics because that’s what I applied to in other schools?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Don't think so since they don't expect and background of fin, econ or data science, also You will have the chance to explain at the interview provide you have at least 3 predicted A's,
Mine covered a bit of all three but mainly finance, my school doesn't declare the predicted grades but I believe they are something north of 2A*'s and 2A's. I f'd up in my subject choices, quite overlapping, because I was interested in business during the start.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by yesiahh
Guys did I majorly mess up by applying for this course with a PS geared towards politics and economics because that’s what I applied to in other schools?

I think its fine as long as you obviously talked about one of the fields in the course (economics) you should be fine. May I ask when have you applied and if you've heard anything back from them yet?
How did people find the test ?
Original post by pinkboi123

Not that bad tbh, they say that they only do that test for them to be able to ask you questions about it in the interview. It is not used as a criterion but idk
Original post by Clocky265
Not that bad tbh, they say that they only do that test for them to be able to ask you questions about it in the interview. It is not used as a criterion but idk

Did you do it today ? I found it hard for time but the questions were okay
(edited 1 year ago)

I sent my application off in mid October and apart from the initial 'thank you or applying' email I have not heard anything and it has almost been 4 months. Should I have been notified for a test for econ, data sci and finance???
(Original post by pinkboi123)Did you do it today ? I found it hard for time but the questions were okay

If you dont mind saying, what were the main topics on the test?

Yeah same, I had it a while back and then again it genuinely doesn't matter what you score on that its just for them to be able to ask you questions about it in an interview.
Original post by OliHubbard
(Original post by pinkboi123)Did you do it today ? I found it hard for time but the questions were okay

If you dont mind saying, what were the main topics on the test?

They weren't really main topics its just maths icl
Original post by ankita.sahax
I sent my application off in mid October and apart from the initial 'thank you or applying' email I have not heard anything and it has almost been 4 months. Should I have been notified for a test for econ, data sci and finance???

Idk it is a bit weird, if you are called for an interview you are asked to do a pre interview assessment which is this maths quiz and is used for them to be able to ask you questions about your answers in an interview. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking.

cool whenn is ur interview
Idk it is a bit weird, if you are called for an interview you are asked to do a pre interview assessment which is this maths quiz and is used for them to be able to ask you questions about your answers in an interview. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking.

What did you mean by stats? Like my A-level choices and predicted?? I just find it weird that they haven't emailed me since October about anything :frown:
anybody hear back with an interview recently?
Original post by A+F AND ECON

Nothing yet

When have you applied? There are four interview weeks, 2 in November for the October applicants and 2 in Feb for the rest.
I applied 11th Jan not heard anything yet apart from the confirmation email that theyve recieved my application, I was just worried that maybe they have sent all their interview invites out as they said the dates of interview were subject to change. Im not sure tbh. When did you apply?

When have you applied? There are four interview weeks, 2 in November for the October applicants and 2 in Feb for the rest.
I applied 11th Jan not heard anything yet apart from the confirmation email that theyve recieved my application, I was just worried that maybe they have sent all their interview invites out as they said the dates of interview were subject to change. Im not sure tbh. When did you apply?

October, they have one more interview week this month so don't worry if you haven't heard anything back just yet.

In my opinion I would follow up their admissions team on this because I applied early January and have completed the pre-interview test and interview.
Original post by Anonymous
In my opinion I would follow up their admissions team on this because I applied early January and have completed the pre-interview test and interview.

i send my application in October but still haven't got anything except the confirmation email? Should I follow this up??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending