The Student Room Group

UNIQ+ graduate scheme 2023

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had applied for the UNIQ+ graduate scheme and how your feeling about it ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I've applied for Politics 02 and Sociology 01, what about yourself? I'm not too hopeful, in all honesty. I worry that my averages aren't as high as other applicants, even with extenuating circumstances. How are you feeling about it?
Reply 2
Original post by scgeeg
Hi! I've applied for Politics 02 and Sociology 01, what about yourself? I'm not too hopeful, in all honesty. I worry that my averages aren't as high as other applicants, even with extenuating circumstances. How are you feeling about it?

Hi! I applied to three biology based projects, same here to be honest im really worried my grades aren’t as high as other applicants, I’m really hoping they consider our passion too
Reply 3
Original post by YTD
Hi! I applied to three biology based projects, same here to be honest im really worried my grades aren’t as high as other applicants, I’m really hoping they consider our passion too

Same! I just hope I conveyed my want to pursue further study & my passion for these subjects enough - slightly worried I didn’t ‘sell myself’ to the degree they’d like in the personal statement, but I can’t change it now I suppose! The wait is horrendous, haha.
Good luck - I hope we find some other applicants, too!
Reply 4
Original post by scgeeg
Same! I just hope I conveyed my want to pursue further study & my passion for these subjects enough - slightly worried I didn’t ‘sell myself’ to the degree they’d like in the personal statement, but I can’t change it now I suppose! The wait is horrendous, haha.
Good luck - I hope we find some other applicants, too!

Ahh absolutely agree with you, I’m sure we did the best we could, I found that it was kinda hard to distinguish the questions from each other as they were kinda the same, what did you think ? fingers crossed and hopefully we can find some more applicants too !
Reply 5
Original post by YTD
Ahh absolutely agree with you, I’m sure we did the best we could, I found that it was kinda hard to distinguish the questions from each other as they were kinda the same, what did you think ? fingers crossed and hopefully we can find some more applicants too !

I agree! How did you approach the PS? I know it’ll differ between subjects, but I focused on each project individually between paragraphs - so worried it wasn’t what they’re looking for, and it’s such little space to convey so much 😖 as an aside, what degree do you study?
Reply 6
Original post by scgeeg
I agree! How did you approach the PS? I know it’ll differ between subjects, but I focused on each project individually between paragraphs - so worried it wasn’t what they’re looking for, and it’s such little space to convey so much 😖 as an aside, what degree do you study?

I split it up using the guidance they offered in the website so first part more subject /experience/achievement based and part 2 more about my personal and extenuating circumstances with passions woven into it. I agree, it was difficult! As all the projects I chose centred around the same theme (sustainability/ecology) I was able to discuss it all more inter-connectedly. I study International Relations and East Asian studies, how about yourself ?
Original post by YTD
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had applied for the UNIQ+ graduate scheme and how your feeling about it ?

what were your grades for this, if you don't mind me asking
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
what were your grades for this, if you don't mind me asking

I think the requirements were 2:1 / 1st
Reply 9
Original post by YTD
I split it up using the guidance they offered in the website so first part more subject /experience/achievement based and part 2 more about my personal and extenuating circumstances with passions woven into it. I agree, it was difficult! As all the projects I chose centred around the same theme (sustainability/ecology) I was able to discuss it all more inter-connectedly. I study International Relations and East Asian studies, how about yourself ?

Sounds great! Interesting - I’m Politics and IR!
Reply 10
Original post by scgeeg
Sounds great! Interesting - I’m Politics and IR!

Awesome so pretty similar subjects, Hopefully we both get our desired projects!
Reply 11
Hi, I’ve applied too! Econ1 and two politics if I recall!
Reply 12
Original post by KMB8
Hi, I’ve applied too! Econ1 and two politics if I recall!

Awesome! Have you got any response from them yet ?
Reply 13
Original post by YTD
Awesome! Have you got any response from them yet ?

Got the generic confirmation email this morning that my application has been sent to academic advisors for consideration! The wait for rejection officially begins!
Original post by YTD

I’ve applied, got the email this morning to say my application has been passed on to the assessors- honestly I have zero hopes of getting in 😂😂 I’ve been applying for a lot of graduate programmes and am struggling to get my foot in the door; plus I’m a mature student with lots of work experience so it’s pretty hard (I applied for the population science areas)
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve applied, got the email this morning to say my application has been passed on to the assessors- honestly I have zero hopes of getting in 😂😂 I’ve been applying for a lot of graduate programmes and am struggling to get my foot in the door; plus I’m a mature student with lots of work experience so it’s pretty hard (I applied for the population science areas)

I really hope we can all get in, no updates so far for me, anyone else?
Reply 16
Original post by YTD
I really hope we can all get in, no updates so far for me, anyone else?

No updates here either. I know I won’t get in, so I’m choosing not to worry at this point! Finishing this dissertation is enough hassle, haha.
Original post by scgeeg
No updates here either. I know I won’t get in, so I’m choosing not to worry at this point! Finishing this dissertation is enough hassle, haha.

Haha no updates either, I love how we have the same optimistic energy 😂😂
Reply 18
Original post by scgeeg

Nooo, I have faith, no matter what happens. I feel that though, my dissertation is really testing all my patience :frown:
Reply 19
There is a student room discussion for last year's UNIQ+, I noticed they got notified about acceptance around the 27th of April and rejections around early may so I guess well hear around then too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending