The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge 2023

Anyone doing the senior maths challenge next Tuesday??? I'm actually so scared, I can't do maths :'),

would appreciate any advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes!!! What time is yours?
Original post by Iced_Tea
Anyone doing the senior maths challenge next Tuesday??? I'm actually so scared, I can't do maths :'),

Yes, remember that 2023 = 7 * 17^2
Reply 3
Original post by fhdt
Yes!!! What time is yours?

Mine is in the morning. When’s urs ?
Reply 4
Original post by Selinaaaaa
Mine is in the morning. When’s urs ?

have tou done it?
Reply 5
Do not discuss any questions
Reply 6
anyone done it?
Reply 7
Original post by NotSachin
anyone done it??

Stop bumping - it's against forum rules
Reply 8
Original post by Iced_Tea

have you done it yet?
Reply 9
As Muttley said, please do not discuss questions/solutions on the forum or over PM until theyre available on the ukmt site. The exam is live for ~24 hours as its done in different parts of the world. Ive asked for the thread to be locked.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ounch
xx

As you seem to be an international student who was doing gcses a couple of years ago, I can only assume it directly applies to you.
Reply 11
Original post by Toby Flenderson
Yes, remember that 2023 = 7 * 17^2

The goat
Reply 12
Moderation note: This thread will be temporarily closed and reopened on Thursday once all participants have been able to complete the exam. Thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Thread has been re-opened :smile:
I answered 24 out of 25 (didn’t guess any), got one wrong that I know of
How did everyone find it?
Original post by Pickles4111
I answered 24 out of 25 (didn’t guess any), got one wrong that I know of

Wow that's amazing, I answered 21/25 with all correct, score 109/125. Do you think its enough for BMO1? Grade boundaries have only been up to 108 as highest but this paper, whilst hard, was easier than other SMCs...
Reply 17
horrible im in year 11 but could only do 12 or 13
reckon i only got 10 or 9 right so sad could have got 11-14 correct tho
Reply 18
Original post by Razzledazzle310
Wow that's amazing, I answered 21/25 with all correct, score 109/125. Do you think its enough for BMO1? Grade boundaries have only been up to 108 as highest but this paper, whilst hard, was easier than other SMCs...

that's amazing!!! I'm ngl i found it more difficult than some practice papers... but hopefully will still get gold
Original post by Razzledazzle310

I got 19/25 last year (101 points I believe) and got through to the BMO1 so I would assume so, i know nothing about grade boundaries though

Quick Reply

Latest