The Student Room Group

AQA

Is it true that if you want to resit AQA GCSE English language you have to also do like a speaking exam with it?
Well for GCSEs you have to do a mini speaking exercise and then your teacher gives you a fail/pass/merit/distinction alongside your exams grade. So I imagine if you're resitting, you're gonna have to do that mini exercise again.
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
Well for GCSEs you have to do a mini speaking exercise and then your teacher gives you a fail/pass/merit/distinction alongside your exams grade. So I imagine if you're resitting, you're gonna have to do that mini exercise again.

But when I was doing them for GCSEs I never did a speaking and I don’t do them for any others.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aaronn456
But when I was doing them for GCSEs I never did a speaking and I don’t do them for any others.

My teacher made us do speeches in class and then graded us based on them. Some teachers just based the grades off of class conversation. If you look at the AQA spec you'll see that it's a requirement. Honestly it's not hard at all. All you need to be able to do to get a pass is speak English. Literally. So the only people who fail it are those who only moved to the UK recently and haven't learnt much English.
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
My teacher made us do speeches in class and then graded us based on them. Some teachers just based the grades off of class conversation. If you look at the AQA spec you'll see that it's a requirement. Honestly it's not hard at all. All you need to be able to do to get a pass is speak English. Literally. So the only people who fail it are those who only moved to the UK recently and haven't learnt much

I don’t think we did this because our teacher would have notified us. I’ve looked on the website and it does say that but we were never did that I’m quite sure. On my result sheet I don’t have any grades for English language speaking either?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aaronn456
I don’t think we did this because our teacher would have notified us. I’ve looked on the website and it does say that but we were never did that I’m quite sure. On my result sheet I don’t have any grades for English language speaking either?

It might be one of the things they removed last year because of Covid19.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending