The Student Room Group

what predicted poems for power and conflict 2024?

someone said checking out me history but idk
Reply 1
checkin out me history
emigree
kamikaze
storm on the island
poppies
COTLB
These are the poems my teacher predicts. I think prolly the first two
Reply 2
what about edexcel power and conflict
i thought maybe tissues.it hasn't came up before and would make sense to do it now.
Original post by trgggggg
what about edexcel power and conflict

I hope its charge🤞 if its Catrin I dunno what I'm gonna do
Reply 5
Poppies is very likely or exposure
Reply 6
exposure, charge of the light brigade, storm on the island
Original post by kocllakocola
someone said checking out me history but idk

Exposure hasn't come up yet, that has been predicted multiple times.
Original post by abifoley79
Exposure hasn't come up yet, that has been predicted multiple times.

yh, now i keep hearing, Checkin, exposure or storm on the island
Original post by cerysroe19
i thought maybe tissues.it hasn't came up before and would make sense to do it now.

doubt it, its a very high level poem, not easy for all abilities to do, but I'd imagine its going to be a more difficult poem because paper 1 was very easy. So I think the emigree
Original post by User_09
checkin out me history
emigree
kamikaze
storm on the island
poppies
COTLB
These are the poems my teacher predicts. I think prolly the first two

the top 2 would make sense since paper 1 was very easy
id predict for poetry
checking out me history
the emigree
exposure
the prelude
Exposure probs hasn't come up because it is such and easy poem. I mean it can be compared to MANY poems like bayonet charge which has come up 2 time, remains, basically most if not all war poems. AND it's filled with too much imagery i.e personification, the refrain and imagery etc. For our mock our teachers gave us Checkin Out me History as prediction, topic was about power and control. Idk tho AQA are AQA very unpredictable, I'm just revising all of them just in case. Poppies and Kamikaze are such bad poems in my opinion
Original post by splooshm
the top 2 would make sense since paper 1 was very easy

yh paper 1 was very easy, have to say extract for ACC was a bit bad but it doesn't matter because ur not meant to rely on the extract
Original post by cerysroe19

TOUCH WOOD but ive had many people say that even the exam board hates tissue so it probably wont come up
Original post by User_09
yh, now i keep hearing, Checkin, exposure or storm on the island

I don't think checking ot me history will come up, last year it was MLD and that was considered a "difficult" choice. I think this year it is liekly to be a war poem, possible one that is easier
Original post by lexie.parry
I don't think checking ot me history will come up, last year it was MLD and that was considered a "difficult" choice. I think this year it is liekly to be a war poem, possible one that is easier

thats tru. my teacher thinks that power and conflict might be easier this year, but AIC might be hard as paper 1 was pretty easy!
I really hope Exposure or Checkin comes up cuz they are so free, and we've alr done essays on them. Emigree and identity i don't mind also
Original post by UltraVoid87
I really hope Exposure or Checkin comes up cuz they are so free, and we've alr done essays on them. Emigree and identity i don't mind also

hope the AIC q is hard. Just to lower grade boundaries. May sound a bit sadistic but I go to Wilson's so.... What schools do you guys go to?
I go Wembley High, which is quite a good skl (its not a grammar skl tho), but tbh i kinda dont mind a hard question too.
But im just praying for Mrs Birling!!! 🙏🙏🙏
(edited 3 days ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending