The Student Room Group

AQA English literature paper 2 2023

I forgot to paragraph my unseen poetry 24 mark question, I just wrote one paragraph with ideas within it. How bad is this for my overall mark? What mark out of 24 am I capped at because of this?
Reply 1
Omg i literally did the same thing but with like two paragraphs, the time was literally ticking and i had not time so my structure went out the window too :frown: How did u guys find the unseen poetry though ???, and what did u compare My last duchess to ?? (Power and conflict)
Reply 2
Original post by A_delair123
Omg i literally did the same thing but with like two paragraphs, the time was literally ticking and i had not time so my structure went out the window too :frown: How did u guys find the unseen poetry though ???, and what did u compare My last duchess to ?? (Power and conflict)

My Last Duchess was quite surprising, in all honesty. I compared it to Charge of The Light Brigade. I spoke about how power ultimately leads to tragedy (however most people I've spoken to decided to do Ozymandias or London which makes sense). Unseen poetry was quite difficult, especially since I did P&C instead of L&R. However, I spoke about the speaker's belief that love is unconditional and that whilst hardship arises it is for the best. The comparison question was actually my second time doing it, but was especially similar to one of the Lang questions so I just used what I knew from that and compared like-for-like.
Reply 3
Hey i am a new yr11 and I’m doing my November mocks and i need help with what was on you guys papers cause we have done paper 1 language and it was about the zoo and I heard it was June 2023 exam that you guys have done it so need to know what was on paper 2 language and literature pls help me I don’t know what to do pls help!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Candyshop
Hey i am a new yr11 and I’m doing my November mocks and i need help with what was on you guys papers cause we have done paper 1 language and it was about the zoo and I heard it was June 2023 exam that you guys have done it so need to know what was on paper 2 language and literature pls help me I don’t know what to do pls help!

would you mind telling me what the picture for paper 1 was
Original post by Candyshop

No
Reply 6
Original post by Sam283
I forgot to paragraph my unseen poetry 24 mark question, I just wrote one paragraph with ideas within it. How bad is this for my overall mark? What mark out of 24 am I capped at because of this?

Reply 7
Does anyone the power and conflict question?
Reply 8
Original post by A_delair123

Can you tell me what was the question for lord of the flies?
Reply 9
Original post by Mrdino32
My Last Duchess was quite surprising, in all honesty. I compared it to Charge of The Light Brigade. I spoke about how power ultimately leads to tragedy (however most people I've spoken to decided to do Ozymandias or London which makes sense). Unseen poetry was quite difficult, especially since I did P&C instead of L&R. However, I spoke about the speaker's belief that love is unconditional and that whilst hardship arises it is for the best. The comparison question was actually my second time doing it, but was especially similar to one of the Lang questions so I just used what I knew from that and compared like-for-like.

Can you tell me what was the question for lord of the flies?
Reply 10
Original post by AETP
Does anyone the power and conflict question?

its about my last duchess and power
Reply 11
Original post by Sam283

The lack of paragraphing might affect clarity and organization, but marks mainly depend on your analysis and understanding. There's no fixed cap due to formatting; if your content is strong, you could still score well. I see you posted this some time ago, how was it for you?

Btw, for future exams, if you wanna simulate a grade, you can use this tool: https://www.tilf.io
It gives you a grade and feedback for your essays based on AQA and it matches the exact questions you had. You can use it to practice and get the grade you want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending