The Student Room Group

Making a website

I'm not very good at computing. I wanted to ask how can I make a website with this kind of design for my own brand what website do I use and how do I copyright the name and the site?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not very good at computing. I wanted to ask how can I make a website with this kind of design for my own brand what website do I use and how do I copyright the name and the site?

Moved to the technology forum for you :smile:
Reply 2
There are multiple ways, such as hiring a freelancer, or doing it yourself, using tools such as Wix or Wordpress which require little to no coding: might be worth checking this out? All unique creations in the UK are automatically protected by copyright, so you don't need to do anything that, however if you want to stamp your brand name you might need to apply for a trademark, see this website. It's all personal preference really, places such as Wix and Wordpress are probably the simplest, and also bundle hosting with it, so it's easier to set up things like SEO and start expanding the website.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this, best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by {Moss}
There are multiple ways, such as hiring a freelancer, or doing it yourself, using tools such as Wix or Wordpress which require little to no coding: might be worth checking this out? All unique creations in the UK are automatically protected by copyright, so you don't need to do anything that, however if you want to stamp your brand name you might need to apply for a trademark, see this website. It's all personal preference really, places such as Wix and Wordpress are probably the simplest, and also bundle hosting with it, so it's easier to set up things like SEO and start expanding the website.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this, best of luck :biggrin:

hi I want my site to look like this https://eternah.com/ is shopify a good option for this?
Reply 4
Original post by Rohan007best
hi I want my site to look like this https://eternah.com/ is shopify a good option for this?

I'm not that familiar with the Shopify builder but I would definitely say so, yes: it might leave less room for expansion in the future due to its ties to Shopify, but I don't really think that's a problem. It seems to have a quite good array of equipment for building it no-code, so would definitely be good to start up.
Original post by {Moss}
I'm not that familiar with the Shopify builder but I would definitely say so, yes: it might leave less room for expansion in the future due to its ties to Shopify, but I don't really think that's a problem. It seems to have a quite good array of equipment for building it no-code, so would definitely be good to start up.

if i biuld it on shopify can i transfer it to something like square space for example?
Reply 6
if i biuld it on shopify can i transfer it to something like square space for example?

Yep! There are a lot of articles online about migrating your website there, shouldn't be a problem.
Original post by {Moss}
Yep! There are a lot of articles online about migrating your website there, shouldn't be a problem.

thanks for all ur help much appreciated!
Reply 8
thanks for all ur help much appreciated!

No problem at all, I hope all goes well with your website!
you can hire me :biggrin:

i am not sure if you can copy right such things tho
Hi guys so if I buy a domain can I change the name if I decide to later?
Hi guys so if I buy a domain can I change the name if I decide to later?

No

You can, however, create a subdomain
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 12
Hi there. If you're looking for a simple way to create a website, platforms like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress are user-friendly and great for beginners. They have tons of design templates to get started.

As for copyrighting your brand name, you might want to consider registering it as a trademark in your country. This usually involves a process with a governmental office. For the website's content, you automatically have copyright over anything original you publish, but registering it can give you added protection.
Original post by liviabarb
Hi there. If you're looking for a simple way to create a website, platforms like Wix, Squarespace, or WordPress are user-friendly and great for beginners. They have tons of design templates to get started.

As for copyrighting your brand name, you might want to consider registering it as a trademark in your country. This usually involves a process with a governmental office. For the website's content, you automatically have copyright over anything original you publish, but registering it can give you added protection.

Can you register like blogposts and also sometimes I see on websites copyright logos what r the logos for what part is copyright? Also what counts as original are quotes original?
Reply 14
Can you register like blogposts and also sometimes I see on websites copyright logos what r the logos for what part is copyright? Also what counts as original are quotes original?

Hi there,

It sounds like you're asking a few different things, so let's break it down:

Registering blogposts: While creating a blogpost automatically gives you copyright over it, registering it (like with the U.S. Copyright Office if you're in the U.S.) provides extra legal protection.

Copyright logos: These logos (©) represent that the creator claims copyright over the content. It's used to indicate that a work is protected by copyright laws.

Originality and quotes: Original content is anything you create yourself. Quotes aren't original unless you're the one who first said them. If you're quoting someone else, it's usually a good practice to credit the original speaker or writer.
Reply 15
Hiring professional software developers offers numerous benefits, including expertise, efficiency, quality assurance, risk mitigation, and long-term support. As for me it's an investment that can pay off significantly in terms of the success and sustainability of your app and your business.
can i put the copyright logo on my content and website name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending