The Student Room Group

Work experience in the physics field

Hi, I'm an A-level student studying physics, maths and history. my sixth form have a mandatory programme in July where we go away for a week and do work experience. I really want to pursue a career in physics so have been trying to find somewhere that takes in students for work experience in this area, I am however finding it difficult to find anywhere. Does anybody know of any industries/businesses that take in students for work experience, preferably in the north of England but I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Reply 1
It depends on your interests and whether you see yourself within industry or academia. Perhaps it might be worth reaching out to university physics laboratories and faculties?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by LM14159
Hi, I'm an A-level student studying physics, maths and history. my sixth form have a mandatory programme in July where we go away for a week and do work experience. I really want to pursue a career in physics so have been trying to find somewhere that takes in students for work experience in this area, I am however finding it difficult to find anywhere. Does anybody know of any industries/businesses that take in students for work experience, preferably in the north of England but I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I'd imagine it's not that easy to find a place to work for only a week.
So I agree with Chris2892, it's probably going to be easier to find such work experience if you ask your school tutors or department leaders for advise or reach out to local colleges and universities and ask if they are willing to let you do a volunteer work there for a week or two at their laboratory and research facilities for example.
Reply 3
Yeah that sounds like it would be quite difficult. I have quite a few friends who now have offers from some top unis for physics but don't have work experience in the field so its not crucial to have. Maybe you could have a look at something related but not physics, which may be a little easier to find experience in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending