The Student Room Group

Chemistry work experience for physics

Hi, I’m currently year 12 and wanting to do physics/ a physics related course in uni. I’ve have the opportunity to do chemistry work experience in the summer. Could I use this work experience for my personal statement and apply it to physics or would it have to be work experience related to physics?
Original post by upset-cache
Hi, I’m currently year 12 and wanting to do physics/ a physics related course in uni. I’ve have the opportunity to do chemistry work experience in the summer. Could I use this work experience for my personal statement and apply it to physics or would it have to be work experience related to physics?
Go for it - a decent amount of physics has some relation to chemisty, and I would imagine that it would make your personal statement stand out more than the usual ones where the DoE is their biggest achievement.
Original post by upset-cache
Hiya,

I'm a current 3rd year studying astrophysics and cosmology at Lancaster University and I would say any experience is good experience, so go for it! You can definitely mention this experince in your personal statement and link it to something related to physics, explaining what it is you may have learnt from the experience or skills developed. Showing interest in a subject outside your main syllabus is great, so completing any work experience within the scientific field is amazing and you should definitely go for it if that is something you wish to complete during your summer.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :smile:
-- Arya (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending