The Student Room Group

GCSE computer science ocr

do we need to know about things like incremental backups, opcode and different types of utility software besides the main 3 ones that we learn about? cuz ive seen questions of past papers about this stuff but its not on the current spec so idk.
this is for OCR computer science gcse btw
Reply 1
I don't think so, the papers you saw were old ones but now the specification is different, so it probably wont be in the exam.
Reply 2
Original post by 18kav
do we need to know about things like incremental backups, opcode and different types of utility software besides the main 3 ones that we learn about? cuz ive seen questions of past papers about this stuff but its not on the current spec so idk.

I’m pretty sure that we don’t need to know the backup stuff cos it isn’t on the spec and I’ve also asked my teacher
Reply 3
Original post by Serena#J
I’m pretty sure that we don’t need to know the backup stuff cos it isn’t on the spec and I’ve also asked my teacher

So we definitely dont know to know opcode and operand either?
Original post by 18kav

incremental backups = backups over time, i don't know what opcode is, utility software = defragmentation, compression, backup, encryption. hope this helps (i am also doing ocr)
Original post by 18kav
So we definitely dont know to know opcode and operand either?

opcode: no i don't think so, the operands are the things you use in an equation. eg. in x + y = 3, x and y are the operands.

Quick Reply

Latest