The Student Room Group

I messed up in English language paper 1 today

Over the exam period, i have felt confident over all the other exams that i have sat. But today I have messed up on section A in english lan which is worth 25% of my GCSE.
I'm really scared that it is going to affect my overall gcse grade; thus not allowing me to go to 6th form; to study physics, bio and chemistry for a levels. Am I be able to redeem my self in paper 2?
Reply 1
what exactly did you mess up on?

anyways im sure your section B was fine and you still have paper 2 which is 50% of your grade so dont stress
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
is this AQA or soemthing else?
AQA
Reply 4
ah nvm then i do eduqas but if it makes you feel bad, i also did really bad today even though im good at english so um yh
Reply 5
Original post by >AveragePerson<
AQA

i do aqa too.
Original post by ab1iiii
what exactly did you mess up on?

anyways im sure your section B was fine and you still have paper 2 which is 50% of your grade so dont stress

Question 3, 4
i did not do question 3
and half of question 4
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Question 3, 4
i did not do question 3
and half of question 4

how did your q4 go
Reply 8
i dont blame you for not doing q3 tbh it was so hard for me. the extract was already very weird with not much to say in terms of structural devices
Really bad i could not clearly think and only kept thinking that i am going to fail my gcse english

Original post by ab1iiii
how did your q4 go
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by ab1iiii
i dont blame you for not doing q3 tbh it was so hard for me. the extract was already very weird with not much to say in terms of structural devices

agreed. i managed to write 2 points of utter waffle and that ate into my time for q4. slay
Reply 11
Really bad i could not clearly think and only kept thinking that i am going to fail my gcses

what grade are you aiming for
Original post by ab1iiii
what grade are you aiming for

a 5
Reply 13
Original post by ribhmaclean
agreed. i managed to write 2 points of utter waffle and that ate into my time for q4. slay

what did u write
Over the exam period, i have felt confident over all the other exams that i have sat. But today I have messed up on section A in english lan which is worth 25% of my GCSE.
I'm really scared that it is going to affect my overall gcse grade; thus not allowing me to go to 6th form; to study physics, bio and chemistry for a levels. Am I be able to redeem my self in paper 2?

i wouldn't stress too much. many people (me included) find paper 1 section a very difficult. as long as you answered section b fully you should be fine, remember that that's the question worth 40 marks (another quarter of your grade). if you can work on your time management, then i think you can redeem yourself in paper 2. good luck to you :smile:
Reply 15
this is from someone who failed a core gcse and is sitting at a top-tier uni. I can assure you, dw you'll be fine. study smart and you'll get there and if you don't then you can try again, your journey stops when you give up!
Reply 16
a 5

just try yourhardest not to think about this exam. you can only learn from your mistakes and apply them to paper 2 now:smile:
Original post by ab1iiii
what did u write

i can barely remember the questions but here we go:
about the appearance? i wrote about how it was scraggly and the contrast of it being doglike but in an undesirable way
about structure? talked about the salvation on the horizon and how he never quite reaches it, plus the foreshadowing in the "what father told me" at the beginning of the extract

Quick Reply

Latest