The Student Room Group

Into to optometrey

I’m almost starting year 13 and I’m conflicted between 3 career choices: dental therapy, speech and lang therapy and optometry. I was thinking of doing the into to optometry at city since i o my so a level bio, i was wondering if it would be 5 years or 4 years for optom? Cna anyone who does intro to optometry lmk asap
Original post by spooky123
I’m almost starting year 13 and I’m conflicted between 3 career choices: dental therapy, speech and lang therapy and optometry. I was thinking of doing the into to optometry at city since i o my so a level bio, i was wondering if it would be 5 years or 4 years for optom? Cna anyone who does intro to optometry lmk asap

hey im also starting yr13 soon and i think ill do optometry. its not 5 years for any uni i believe. its 3 or 4 years i think depending if u do masters or not? ive not seen any of the few unis say its 5 years.
Reply 2
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
hey im also starting yr13 soon and i think ill do optometry. its not 5 years for any uni i believe. its 3 or 4 years i think depending if u do masters or not? ive not seen any of the few unis say its 5 years.

I thought it was five years bc at city the MOptom course is 4 years w pre reg but with the foundation year wouldn't it be 5 years all together?
Original post by spooky123
I thought it was five years bc at city the MOptom course is 4 years w pre reg but with the foundation year wouldn't it be 5 years all together?

oh i didnt realize u meant the intro one. yeah i think itd be 5 then. as 1 for the intro and then 4 for the moptom
my bad

Quick Reply

Latest