The Student Room Group

Optometry at teesside university

does anyone know what i should do as i have just been rejected from teeside uni for optometry and i am honestly and truthfully devastated as i really wanted to go there, does anyone know if i should go through clearing or take a gap year any advice would honestly mean so much.
Original post by henna05
does anyone know what i should do as i have just been rejected from teeside uni for optometry and i am honestly and truthfully devastated as i really wanted to go there, does anyone know if i should go through clearing or take a gap year any advice would honestly mean so much.

Have you applied elsewhere? Do you know why you were rejected?
Reply 2
yes i have applied to huddersfield and hertfordshire and manchester, haven’t had an offer for manchester. but it’s like i didn’t want to go anywhere else but teeside uni now i don’t know what to do. have u had any offers?
Original post by henna05
yes i have applied to huddersfield and hertfordshire and manchester, haven’t had an offer for manchester. but it’s like i didn’t want to go anywhere else but teeside uni now i don’t know what to do. have u had any offers?

I'm not a student :smile:.

Your options are to take a year out and reapply to Teeside next year. If you do this ask for feedback from Teeside about why you have been rejected and see if you can build on that. Alternatively, wait for all your responses and then decide if you are happy with any of the offers you receive. If not, you can reject any offers you hold and apply to another uni using UCAS Extra. If you don't get an offer, you can add another choice. If you don't hold any offers by summer, you will be able to apply through clearing.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Just take a while to process your disappointment before deciding your options.
Reply 4
thankyou for ur advice yeah it’s quite hard
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
I'm not a student :smile:.

Your options are to take a year out and reapply to Teeside next year. If you do this ask for feedback from Teeside about why you have been rejected and see if you can build on that. Alternatively, wait for all your responses and then decide if you are happy with any of the offers you receive. If not, you can reject any offers you hold and apply to another uni using UCAS Extra. If you don't get an offer, you can add another choice. If you don't hold any offers by summer, you will be able to apply through clearing.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Just take a while to process your disappointment before deciding your options.

did u do anything like this?
Original post by henna05
did u do anything like this?

No - I'm a mum of students. My DD is in her first year of a healthcare course.
Reply 7
oh okay sorry
Why were you rejected ?
Reply 9
Original post by Keelsbombeels
Why were you rejected ?

i don’t know

Quick Reply

Latest