The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Economics Finance and Data Science Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illiaqqq
What did you apply for in other unis? What did u talk abt in your PS

I applied for Pure Econ in all my other unis.
I talked about more theoretical economics (eg. developmental economics), a bit of maths and then a bit of stats.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Thx man
Reply 22
Original post by jobajojoba
I applied for Pure Econ in all my other unis.
I talked about more theoretical economics (eg. developmental economics), a bit of maths and then a bit of stats.

Sounds sick, I know that Imperial values Econ and finance over data science
Sounds sick, I know that Imperial values Econ and finance over data science

Yeah, and I’ve seen on their website that they don’t mind if you can’t include all 3, and they understand most applicants will be applying for Econ based courses elsewhere.
I’ve included a finance work expo, so hopefully that’s enough but probably not.
Reply 24
Yeah, and I’ve seen on their website that they don’t mind if you can’t include all 3, and they understand most applicants will be applying for Econ based courses elsewhere.
I’ve included a finance work expo, so hopefully that’s enough but probably not.

What work expo did u have?
What work expo did u have?

The J.P Morgan Think Ahead Programme.
Reply 26
The J.P Morgan Think Ahead Programme.

That's insane
That's insane

Thanks man 😂
IC EFDS was far more competitive than Oxbridge and LSE econ
I am a CBSE student. I got a predicted score of Maths- 98, English- 94, Accounts- 99, Business Studies-98, Economics-98. I am also applying lse, Warwick, kcl and ucl, but for the accounting and finance programme for the first three colleges. If any of you have submitted your PS, and if mind sharing just for referring it would be a huge help.
Original post by iamashmitb
I am a CBSE student. I got a predicted score of Maths- 98, English- 94, Accounts- 99, Business Studies-98, Economics-98. I am also applying lse, Warwick, kcl and ucl, but for the accounting and finance programme for the first three colleges. If any of you have submitted your PS, and if mind sharing just for referring it would be a huge help.

I'm from the UK but ethnically Indian, so gotta help a brother out.

DM me, and I'll be happy to help.
thanks

The Indian things I see.
Hi guys, I am planning on applying into imperial Economics Finance and Data Science. I just got my predictions and finished my PS. What y'all got as your predictions?

I applied there too as well as Oxford E&M, Warwick Econ, UoN Econ and Loughborough Econ
Original post by Anonymous
I applied there too as well as Oxford E&M, Warwick Econ, UoN Econ and Loughborough Econ

What are your grades like?
Why not LSE/UCL Econ?
What are your grades like?
Why not LSE/UCL Econ?

A*AA with no FM
I didn't apply to them because I was pretty set on my choices - Imperial caught my eye because of the integrated data science aspect which a lot of places don't offer.
Original post by Anonymous
A*AA with no FM
I didn't apply to them because I was pretty set on my choices - Imperial caught my eye because of the integrated data science aspect which a lot of places don't offer.

Doesn't Warwick Econ have entry requirements of A*A*A?
Doesn't Warwick Econ have entry requirements of A*A*A?

Yeah, it was a bit of a reach but I meet multiple parts of their criteria for a contextual offer, hopefully that comes into play
Guys I have 3 A*s predicted but no FM, do u think I have a good chance of getting an offer? I feel that I have a very strong personal statement with a lot of relevant experience in data science, but I feel like it’s very unlikely for me to get an offer with no FM
Anyone applied for ICL EFDS and got any interview/tests requested so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending