The Student Room Group

Application help 2024

Hi guys!

I've always wanted to do dentistry, unfortunately when į applied in yr 13 (2023 entry) I didn't get in so I am now a gap year student! - I applied to Leeds, Manchester Liverpool and Sheffield. I got an interview from Leeds.

I've retaken my UKAT (2400 sit3) - I know its bad i have no clue where my head was during this, and A levels I got AAA (bio,chem,psychology) and GCSE's got 999999888765

I'm applying again 2024 as I am just working through my gap year/doing all the work experience possible. Leeds, Dundee (but still debating Glasgow), Cardiff and liverpool, UCLAN bio med science is my backup.

Are these good/reasonable choices? I would really like to do dentistry but I'm afraid I am going to get rejected again as of my UKAT score.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Ami_M
Hi guys!

I've always wanted to do dentistry, unfortunately when į applied in yr 13 (2023 entry) I didn't get in so I am now a gap year student! - I applied to Leeds, Manchester Liverpool and Sheffield. I got an interview from Leeds.

I've retaken my UKAT (2400 sit3) - I know its bad i have no clue where my head was during this, and A levels I got AAA (bio,chem,psychology) and GCSE's got 999999888765

I'm applying again 2024 as I am just working through my gap year/doing all the work experience possible. Leeds, Dundee (but still debating Glasgow), Cardiff and liverpool, UCLAN bio med science is my backup.

Are these good/reasonable choices? I would really like to do dentistry but I'm afraid I am going to get rejected again as of my UKAT score.

Hi there. Unfortunately you UCAT score may inhibit you from applying since UCAT scores/cut offs are increases each year. Are you contextual by any chance ?
Original post by Ami_M
Hi guys!

Hi there,

Glad to hear that you are interested in applying to the University of Liverpool! Let me know if there is anything you would like to know about the city or University!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Glad to hear that you are interested in applying to the University of Liverpool! Let me know if there is anything you would like to know about the city or University!

Just wondering what was ucat cut off for non wp for 2023 &2022 as the information i founds was including contextual.
Original post by kateshoh
Just wondering what was ucat cut off for non wp for 2023 &2022 as the information i founds was including contextual.

Hi there,

I'm sorry I don't have access to the data regarding the UCAT Cut Offs, I only have access to any public available material and I couldn't find this data either.

Best of luck in your studies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest