The Student Room Group

Reapplying to UCAS

Hi guys, I applied in 2022 for 2023 entry but ended up deferring after results day for 2024 entry. I have withdrawn my application (the univeristy has for me) so I can apply for 2024 again but UCAS has sent me this exact same email saying I can’t apply in this years cycle but am welcome to for next years application cycle. Can you please give me some more help? Does this year application cycle mean 2023?
Reply 1
Original post by Kali.kb
I just got off the phone to UCAS and they said I'd be fine. Thank you both of you!

Hi guys I found this post as I’m going through the same, I applied in 2022 for 2023 entry but ended up deferring after results day for 2024 entry. I have withdrawn my application (the univeristy has for me) so I can apply for 2024 again but UCAS has sent me this exact same email saying I can’t apply in this years cycle but am welcome to for next years application cycle. Can you please give me some more help? Does this year application cycle mean 2023? Please help me
Original post by siahateskwl
Hi guys I found this post as I’m going through the same, I applied in 2022 for 2023 entry but ended up deferring after results day for 2024 entry. I have withdrawn my application (the univeristy has for me) so I can apply for 2024 again but UCAS has sent me this exact same email saying I can’t apply in this years cycle but am welcome to for next years application cycle. Can you please give me some more help? Does this year application cycle mean 2023? Please help me

The 2023 cycle is for entry in 2023 and is now closed.

If you want to apply in the current cycle that’s the 2024 cycle. You should just be able to log into the ucas hub and start a new application
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
The 2023 cycle is for entry in 2023 and is now closed.

If you want to apply in the current cycle that’s the 2024 cycle. You should just be able to log into the ucas hub and start a new application

Thank you so much for replying so quickly! so when ucas refer to the “next year application cycle” it’s 2024?
Thank you so much for replying so quickly! so when ucas refer to the “next year application cycle” it’s 2024?

As explained above the wording of the email is crap and nonsensical for people who had a deferred offer. Ignore it.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
As explained above the wording of the email is crap and nonsensical for people who had a deferred offer. Ignore it.

Okay thank you so much it means a lot to me that you’ve helped me out I’ve been stressing all morning I hope you have an amazing day and wish you the best in life ❤️
I need your help please. I got into university this year and defered to 2024 entry as I went on a gap year. I asked my uni to withdraw my place so I can apply again for 2024 entry but a different course but UCAS have emailed me this

We have been informed either by yourself, or Aston University, Birmingham, that you do not intend to take up the place you were holding for Biomedical Science, C900. The course was due to start in Sep 2024 and had a point of entry 1. If you did not want to withdraw your application, please contact us immediately on 0371 468 0 468 or +44 330 3330 230 (international) for advice. All calls will be charged at your standard network rate.
[start]As you have been withdrawn completely from the UCAS Undergraduate scheme, you cannot be reconsidered again in this year's application cycle. You will, however, be able to reapply in next year's application cycle if you wish to do so.[/start]

Does this mean I can’t apply for next year?? I want to cry please let me know what to do I can’t afford to take two years off…does next year application cycle mean 2024 entry 😭

You need to call UCAS to clarify.

"Withdrawing" is a specific term for being removed from the entire application cycle, but as you held a deferred offer from the previous one, it's not clear whether this is just a template or if Aston have done something wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
You need to call UCAS to clarify.

"Withdrawing" is a specific term for being removed from the entire application cycle, but as you held a deferred offer from the previous one, it's not clear whether this is just a template or if Aston have done something wrong.

Thanks for replying I’m currently not in the UK so I can’t ring them and no one can call them right now for me I’m sorry if this sounds crazy but can you ring them and ask what this means? I’m really sorry
Thanks for replying I’m currently not in the UK so I can’t ring them and no one can call them right now for me I’m sorry if this sounds crazy but can you ring them and ask what this means? I’m really sorry

No, I'm at work and am not going to do that for you.

They can't disclose info about a specific application to a third party in any case.
Reply 9
No, I'm at work and am not going to do that for you.

They can't disclose info about a specific application to a third party in any case.

That’s fine thank you for helping me nonetheless! I’ve been trying to get my friends to ring them and I think they might be able to in a couple of hours! I’m sorry if I’ve come across as weird I’ve just been freakishly stressed all morning
That’s fine thank you for helping me nonetheless! I’ve been trying to get my friends to ring them and I think they might be able to in a couple of hours! I’m sorry if I’ve come across as weird I’ve just been freakishly stressed all morning

Not a problem, I can understand why the wording is worrying. Hopefully UCAS can sort it out.
Reply 11
Not a problem, I can understand why the wording is worrying. Hopefully UCAS can sort it out.

Yeah hopefully im still able to apply for 2024 entry. Do you reckon when they meant you won’t be considered for this years application cycle they meant 2023 as we are in 2023 currently
Yeah hopefully im still able to apply for 2024 entry. Do you reckon when they meant you won’t be considered for this years application cycle they meant 2023 as we are in 2023 currently

I honestly can't tell, (as above, it could just be a template email). Have you tried starting a new application via Hub?
Reply 13
I honestly can't tell, (as above, it could just be a template email). Have you tried starting a new application via Hub?

Hi i actually ended up calling them (16 pounds for a 8 minute call yikes but good in the long run) and they said I can apply for 2024 entry but with a new email!
Hi i actually ended up calling them (16 pounds for a 8 minute call yikes but good in the long run) and they said I can apply for 2024 entry but with a new email!

At least it got sorted out quickly, if not cheaply!
Reply 15
At least it got sorted out quickly, if not cheaply!

😄 thank you once again for taking time out of your day for helping me out!!! appreciated a lot!

To be frank that sounds like rubbish spouted by someone in the call centre who doesn’t understand the issue.

If your deferred 2023 cycle application has now been withdrawn then you should have no problem applying in the 2024 cycle using your current ucas hub login.

The problem is that ucas are sending out the exact same email to applicants who have a deferred place withdrawn that they send out to applicants who withdraw non deferred applications during the cycle.
Reply 17
Original post by PQ
To be frank that sounds like rubbish spouted by someone in the call centre who doesn’t understand the issue.

If your deferred 2023 cycle application has now been withdrawn then you should have no problem applying in the 2024 cycle using your current ucas hub login.

The problem is that ucas are sending out the exact same email to applicants who have a deferred place withdrawn that they send out to applicants who withdraw non deferred applications during the cycle.

I’m gonna phone them again just to make sure that she was right on the phone! She was a lovely lady tho 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending