The Student Room Group

ATT/CTA

Hello,

I have recently started the ATT/CTA programme since finishing university in June, however I have recently been made aware of the ACA/CTA pathway which unfortunately my workplace don’t offer. I’m just wondering other peoples opinions, what should I do?

I believe the ACA/CTA pathway opens more doors and more opportunities due to 2 separate qualifications, however is it worth completing ATT, I’m just about to do my 1st exam of 3 or look elsewhere to complete the ACA/CTA pathway ?

If I do the ATT/CTA pathway I will only be CTA qualified in 3 years and then have to go on to do the ACA exams, however if I do the ACA/CTA exams it will take less time.

Please help I am very stressed and worried I have chosen a route that isn’t the most efficient I just don’t want to waste my time.
Reply 1
Original post by ellieroseez
Hello,

I have recently started the ATT/CTA programme since finishing university in June, however I have recently been made aware of the ACA/CTA pathway which unfortunately my workplace don’t offer. I’m just wondering other peoples opinions, what should I do?

I believe the ACA/CTA pathway opens more doors and more opportunities due to 2 separate qualifications, however is it worth completing ATT, I’m just about to do my 1st exam of 3 or look elsewhere to complete the ACA/CTA pathway ?

If I do the ATT/CTA pathway I will only be CTA qualified in 3 years and then have to go on to do the ACA exams, however if I do the ACA/CTA exams it will take less time.

Please help I am very stressed and worried I have chosen a route that isn’t the most efficient I just don’t want to waste my time.

I’m doing ATT/CTA (currently at the final CTA stage) so hopefully can help.

It really depends on what you want out of the qualifications and what your career plans are.

The fact that you’re currently doing ATT/CTA means you must be in a tax role. Is it your preference to work in tax now/going forward? Completing ACA would make you a chartered accountant but I can’t see that being of great benefit if you also had CTA and plan to work in tax (unless it’s more of a mixed tax/accounting role).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending