The Student Room Group

Applications advice

I would really appreciate brutally honest advice regarding 2024 applications :

I am a re sit student and I want to apply to Oxford.

I achieved three Bs. I was off what I wanted to achieve so I decided to re sit and re apply for 2024 entry.

I have good references, personal statement and predicted grades of A*AA already discussed with my old tutor.

I applied last year and the reason I was rejected was due to the fact I had a poor law admissions test result so I was ruled out instantly, but I have been studying really hard and have been getting high marks since. I also interview really well so I don’t have too many concerns with a lot of effort as I know I have potential.

The problem with applying for Oxford is that the deadline is soon and should I just put all my effort into other unis since I am already at a disadvantage due to being a re sit student so is it even worth it in the long run?

I have been emailing lots of Oxford colleges and they said they will be happy to take my application in as long as I score well on lnat. But I am less competitive as a fact.

I would appreciate any brutally honest feedback regarding if this is worth it or not.
Reply 1
Original post by AnnaBlue2809
I would really appreciate brutally honest advice regarding 2024 applications :

I am a re sit student and I want to apply to Oxford.

I achieved three Bs. I was off what I wanted to achieve so I decided to re sit and re apply for 2024 entry.

I have good references, personal statement and predicted grades of A*AA already discussed with my old tutor.

I applied last year and the reason I was rejected was due to the fact I had a poor law admissions test result so I was ruled out instantly, but I have been studying really hard and have been getting high marks since. I also interview really well so I don’t have too many concerns with a lot of effort as I know I have potential.

The problem with applying for Oxford is that the deadline is soon and should I just put all my effort into other unis since I am already at a disadvantage due to being a re sit student so is it even worth it in the long run?

I have been emailing lots of Oxford colleges and they said they will be happy to take my application in as long as I score well on lnat. But I am less competitive as a fact.

I would appreciate any brutally honest feedback regarding if this is worth it or not.

If you think that you can do a good LNAT then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending