The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KSA Open Access Workshops to All Students

If you haven’t been to one of our open days at our Knights Park Campus here is an overview of our open access workshops that are available to all students regardless of course of study! Before beginning to explore all our facilities, remember to book a workshop induction via one of the many QR codes or through this link HERE.

Photography, Darkroom & Filmmaking
One of the most popular workshops available to all are the amazing photography and filmmaking facilities we have here at Kingston. Aside from being fully equipped with full length backdrops, green screen and lighting facilities (eg.spotlights, diffusers, reflectors…) you may need, the workshops can accommodate projects of any scale and discipline be it fashion, product design, animation or architecture. Kingston also has a dark room where you can experiment with different ways of developing film yourself! The perfect facility to shoot your designs or products for your portfolio.

Loans Room
In the scenario where you would like to do an outdoor shoot and lack the right equipment for it, the Loans Room offers any additional camera, lighting or camera accessories you need! Simply make a booking at least online 24 hours prior to your collection to reserve or browse any equipment you require.

3D Workshop & Digital Making
Most commonly used by interior, product design and fine art students, the 3D Workshop includes any metal, wood, plaster or ceramic outcomes you may want to explore. This was incredibly eye opening as a fashion student like myself when I was helping a senior make metal accessories for her graduate collection. The facilities and technicians offered great insight on how we could achieve the desired sheens and outcomes through various finishing and construction techniques.
The Digital Making services encompass any laser cutting, 3D printing, metal engraving or digital fabric printing outcomes you may be interested in. The opportunities to explore and combine different mediums in the 3D workshop alongside other creatives allow for many new possibilities.

Printmaking Studios
Last but not least we have the Print Room! In addition to the ever popular screen printing facilities, the printmaking studios offer other types of printmaking like intaglio, relief, letterpress & bookbinding, risography and cyanotype possibilities! The bookbinding is especially useful when making any portfolio or personal branding material in preparation for your placement year or job search after graduation! :smile:

I hope you find this short overview useful and do let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending