The Student Room Group

gcse science questions

so whenever i'm doing a past paper i'm always seeing long chemistry questions with random substances and it's actually so confusing. someone pls explain how i should answer unfamiliar context questions??🙏
Original post by gi_07x
so whenever i'm doing a past paper i'm always seeing long chemistry questions with random substances and it's actually so confusing. someone pls explain how i should answer unfamiliar context questions??🙏

Every question that comes up on the paper will be in the spec, even contextual will be mentioned as “students should be able to evaluate the uses between x and y” so its important to check in which evaluation skills are tested, and then i would go to websites such as save my exams and make a 6 marker answer for the question. However, its crucial to consider whats given in the question as sometimes you cant always gain marks by just talking about own knowledge but if u have a good knowledge of topics it will be dead easy to make up the answer. If u r aiming for 9s and 8s give an evaluation at the end with reason.
Original post by Deepak.23
Every question that comes up on the paper will be in the spec, even contextual will be mentioned as “students should be able to evaluate the uses between x and y” so its important to check in which evaluation skills are tested, and then i would go to websites such as save my exams and make a 6 marker answer for the question. However, its crucial to consider whats given in the question as sometimes you cant always gain marks by just talking about own knowledge but if u have a good knowledge of topics it will be dead easy to make up the answer. If u r aiming for 9s and 8s give an evaluation at the end with reason.

*for grade 9 give conclusion at the end.

Quick Reply

Latest