The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
eurasianfeline
thx sooo much!!

...but i can't read them. can you shrink me into a fruitfly?

well when you save them resize them,they wont fit normally here,go to picture or tools resize,depends on the program ur using!
Reply 81
SinghFello
I dont have a scanner so I had to take a photo of the pages. I had to compress it a lot, so the quality is rubbish, but you can just about read the text.

My teacher has strongly suggested we shouldnt spend too much time on logaritms(another hint?), but told us to look at the specimen paper(found on the edexcel website).

You are an angel !!!! :angel:I would kiss you if I could !!! :knuddel:
Reply 82
sumitk87
Goddess posted http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t110229.html to help with uncertainties ( NICE ONE :cool: Goddess )

Thanks !!!!
habosh
well when you save them resize them,they wont fit normally here,go to picture or tools resize,depends on the program ur using!

i tried that...but the resolution is not big enough for the words to be read when i enlarge the pics...

(i'm sorry for being such an annoying little bugger ;_:wink:
Reply 84
onime
we were told that the CROs are essentially voltmeters therefore can measure voltage. does it say that in the book?

They measure voltage and can also measure it with respect to time, so they can plot a graph on the screen of voltage against time in the case of an a.c. supply.

by adjusting the time base and using the grid on the screen you can determine the frequency of the supply

Can anyone tell me about the exam format please?
Reply 85
eurasianfeline
i tried that...but the resolution is not big enough for the words to be read when i enlarge the pics...

(i'm sorry for being such an annoying little bugger ;_:wink:

I'm sorry I cant help you then the forum doesn't allow pics larger than 100 kb:frown:
habosh
I'm sorry I cant help you then the forum doesn't allow pics larger than 100 kb:frown:

it's alright. i don't want to bug you too much anyway.

if you can email it to me [email protected] i'd be really grateful, but don't bother if you have to spend a lot of extra time on it. it's the thought that counts anyway. :smile:
Reply 87
mik1w
They measure voltage and can also measure it with respect to time, so they can plot a graph on the screen of voltage against time in the case of an a.c. supply.

by adjusting the time base and using the grid on the screen you can determine the frequency of the supply

Can anyone tell me about the exam format please?

This is what the NAS AS & A2 Revision Guide says:

The test consists on three questions each one lasting 25 minutes, although the apparatus may only be used for the first 20 of these. There is a further 15 minute writing up time at the end giving a total test length of 90 minutes. Each question is worth 16 marks. Question 1 usually contains two exercises of approximately equal length that focus on setting up and using apparatus and recording observations. Question 2 concentrates on using apparatus and evluating results, with some planning being required. Question 3 concentrateson planning with aspects of analysis and evaluation. At least one question involves drawing a graph, which may involve the use of logrithms. None of the questions will require the use of datalogging apparatus although you may be asked to explain how to set up and use such a device.
Reply 88
Thanks a lot!
Reply 89
eurasianfeline
it's alright. i don't want to bug you too much anyway.

if you can email it to me [email protected] i'd be really grateful, but don't bother if you have to spend a lot of extra time on it. it's the thought that counts anyway. :smile:

I'd have tro scan them all over again but I googled this for you it's pretty much the same
http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/courses/c1lab/vernier1.html
habosh
I'd have tro scan them all over again but I googled this for you it's pretty much the same
http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/courses/c1lab/vernier1.html

thx!! i'll rep you tomorrow. :biggrin:
Reply 91
im doing my exams on 28th, but im from sri lanka. i dread the 5A paper more than the 3A paper, what i hate most is the theory questions i mean the calculations are ok. are those Qs like why is graphical representation inaccurate(?) ? or stuff like that repetative in papers??
akunem86
im doing my exams on 28th, but im from sri lanka. i dread the 5A paper more than the 3A paper, what i hate most is the theory questions i mean the calculations are ok. are those Qs like why is graphical representation inaccurate(?) ? or stuff like that repetative in papers??

think we're talking about differeint exam boards. :smile:
Reply 93
um, im doing the edexcel international papers , i was under the impression that we were doing the same papers.sorry. anyway u guys are really helpful with all the tips , thanks :smile:
i was talkin to my teacha today and he said that this years practical wont require us to set up any equipment jst 2 get results .....so i'd say luk ova mark schemes and see how marks are awarded for taking results e.g. tabulating etc... :smile:
Reply 95
mackin boi
i was talkin to my teacha today and he said that this years practical wont require us to set up any equipment jst 2 get results .....so i'd say luk ova mark schemes and see how marks are awarded for taking results e.g. tabulating etc... :smile:

our teacher said it aint goin to be as hard as some past papers :smile:
Reply 96
mackin boi

bro u talkin about group1 or group2?

im group 2 :eek:
Reply 97
akunem86
um, im doing the edexcel international papers , i was under the impression that we were doing the same papers.sorry. anyway u guys are really helpful with all the tips , thanks :smile:

These people ARE talking about Edexcel. I'm a Sri Lankan too !!! Go to
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t108866.html
Ive just realised there are more than 1 group!
My exam is on Tuesday(group 1), and my group will have something to do with CRO's in the planning and no log in the graphs.
Reply 99
me---group one on tuesday:frown:

Latest