The Student Room Group

AS Level resit+ A2 level Exams

Hi there, I am in adifficult situation here. I got 2 Cs in Chemistry and Maths and a D in Physics in As level CCEA exam. If I decide to resit Chemistry and Physics with A2 level, will the workload be manageable? Or will it affect further in achieving A grades?
Reply 1
Well you need to know where you are headed with first. If you’re planning on going to a certain university if you resit, you should prolly contact them or look at what grades they need. I have lots of friends who did A2 chemistry and it’s a pretty hard subject that requires lots of efforts to get good in it, and a lot of revision and memorisation. So if you did As and struggled with the subject, likely it will be as hard if not more if you decide to retake it for A2. So I wouldn’t recommend that if you did everything but still struggle with the subject. But maybe you can if you change your attitude to it. Speaking personally I used to hate biology in year 12 and did not know how to revise it and got really bad grades. But I kept persevering and improving myself and I got a grade that I was happy about. So maybe before you decide to resit, you have to understand that you will need double the efforts you put in at first. And you should probably talk to your teachers and weight in all options to know what is best for you.

Quick Reply

Latest