The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni - Orchestra/big band opportunities

Hi everyone

Just an enquiry about what's on offer at the Uni of Manchester in terms of an orchestra/big band?

I'm a postgrad student starting a secondary PGCE in September, but I'd like to get involved in some music on the side - I play saxophone and clarinet.

If anyone has any info about this, please pass it on!

Thanks

Sammy
There's definitely a choir and orchestra, my old flatmate was in it. They'll most likely have a stall or whatever in freshers week if you nip to the freshers fair, or you can just contact the music dept.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi Sammy,

cool, I used to play the clarinet and considered the sax but I love my violin!

Anyway, yes I know of one University choir and orchestra and it's called CAOS (Choir And Orchestra Society). I'm actually only in the choir side at the moment (3rd PhD student so time is a little tight) but it's a great society. I'm sure there are others but I'm obviously biased! lol

There is a website here; http://www.caos.manchester.ac.uk/, so check that out, I'm sure they'll have a stall during Freshers Fair so visit that or just come along when it starts in September (they'll update their website)!

Jen
Reply 3
They have an Orchestra, Wind Orchestra and Bigband (among other things) The windband is Grade 7 + with no auditions, the others are auditioned and a very high standard. I also play clarinet and saxophone, by the way :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending