The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't know anything other than my name :colonhash:.
Sucking/chewing the end my pen absent mindedly and getting a mouth full of ink.
GCSE german exam :sigh:
Original post by iPthreefifthteen
Realising there is a question on the back of the exam paper at the end :frown:

Been there :sadnod:.
Reply 23
Or when you chew on your pen and suddenly saliva starts to come out of the other end and smudges your work :biggrin:
Original post by ChaiTea
Being forced to breathe in someone's toxic armpit fumes for two hours when you're trying to concentrate on a science exam is not fun.

When is it fun even if you're not in an exam?! :colonhash:
Reply 25
Having a mini heart attack when your phone starts vibrating in A2 Macro. Started coughing hastily and went for the volume rockers to kill the vibration. Almost **** myself.
Reply 26
Original post by S_123
Ooh that is bad. Turning the page and realising you should have revised that topic harder. Or that everything you learnt in a topic hasn't gone in. Worst feeling ever. Or 'pens down' and you still have a paragraph to finish.

I just say I'm writing a really really really long sentence.
Reply 27
When I broke a nail. :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by defuzion
Wrote in blue, started over - twenty mins left in a ninety minute exam.

that is awfullllll :O
Invigilators who force you to put your pen down regardless of whether you're in the middle of a sentence

I think they should give us a one minute warning so we can wind up, at that stage of the exam people are so rushed and panicked

The last word I wrote in my AS History exam on Tuesday was "because"...
Reply 30
Having a rumbling stomach is seriously annoying lol.
Reply 31
probably when your 80% of a module exam consists of 2 compulsory questions that your lecturer told the whole year (in a revision lecture week before the exam) not to bother learning cos they wouldnt be coming up. there is currently a protest fb group up about it with over 300 members basically the whole year, lecturers have been informed and looks like there's gonna be some serious upgrading of people's marks

i dont mind lecturers who make stuff crazily hard cos they want to challenge you...but there seems to be a fairly large minority of lecturers at universities who actually want their students to fail and will try to throw them off course at every opportunity they get. i find it very odd and weird.
Reply 32
GCSE German Oral.

Started talking, few minutes in; teacher realised she hadn't started the tape. So she started the tape. FIRE ALARM WENT OFF. Had to stand in isolation for 10 minutes on the playground whilst all was sorted. Went back in, started again, teacher hadn't turned on the tape recorder AGAIN.

Now that was stressful.
Reply 33
During my GCSE R.E exam I was on my time of the month and it felt like the Niagara falls I swear to god, so I was mainly sitting there hovering a few times and praying I didn't leak.
missed out all paragraphs in an english writing paper :frown: had to put *NP/ where there should be a missing paragraph DAMMMMMNNN
Reply 35
Being told by the invigilators that there was 10 mins left of the exam, when there was actually around 25 mins... that really made everyone panic :/
Original post by viksta1000
Doing an English literature paper in the morning and answering all the questions, and finding out after that I only had to choose 1 out of 4 questions to answer

Doing an English Language paper in the afternoon and choosing 1 of the 2 questions to answer, an finding out after that I had to answer the entire paper :eek:

That day was a maaaare :frown:

How the hell did you get A's in English exams?
it wasn't awful for me personally, but it was for one of the guys in my exam.

he'd clearly finished, and was in a world of his own because he randomly started singing. he went on for ages, totally oblivious. we were all trying not to laugh, the invigilators clearly couldnt believe what was happening cause they spent ages just looking at each other in confusion. when the poor guy realised he was so humilliated. we never let him forget it, which i guess is harsh, but it was one of the funniest things ever.
Coming out of an exam thinking you've got at least 90%, them coming on TSR, and having your hopes shattered when you see an unofficial markscheme
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
How the hell did you get A's in English exams?

English language is incredibly easy, lit isn't so easy

Quick Reply

Latest