The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddukatz

Original post by ddukatz
Does anyone know if Undergrads and Post grads are put into the same flats in halls that have both? I assume not because they have different occupation times. But I'm still curious.

Sometimes they are. I know the flat below me was a tutor's flat (that means a washing machine and bath in the flat! :coma:) and that had one masters student and one first year but really I haven't heard of this happening normally.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Sorry for being so noob , but Manchester is my insurance ,my offer is conditional and i didn't receive anything for accommodation .
I mean i dont know , for what to apply , when to apply , etc etc . any hint ? are all the conditional as me ? ?

cheers
Original post by nick_the_big

Sorry for being so noob , but Manchester is my insurance ,my offer is conditional and i didn't receive anything for accommodation .
I mean i dont know , for what to apply , when to apply , etc etc . any hint ? are all the conditional as me ? ?

cheers

If it's still your insurance (as in, results aren't in yet) then you don't do anything.
Original post by the_neg_master_
Which supermarket is closest to Burkhardt House? And how far is it (minutes of walk/distance). Thanks.

You can view Burkhardt House on Google Street View and the area looks pretty nice :wink: Already found the Lidl :biggrin:
Original post by *Johanna*
You can view Burkhardt House on Google Street View and the area looks pretty nice :wink: Already found the Lidl :biggrin:

haha I am way ahead of you! And yes Lidl is really close - Frankfurters there are good.. cheap veggies and fruits as well.

I would really love to see the inside though but couldn't find any on the web. It must be one of those halls that are just for VIPs (yeah I am dreaming).

cheers

Original post by Aemiliana
If it's still your insurance (as in, results aren't in yet) then you don't do anything.

Actually you can still apply for accommodation at the Uni of Manchester, even if it's your inusrance. However, you're ok to apply late if you want to, as long as it's before 31/08/11 I think. If you want info on the different accommodation you should look here: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/ and here: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/ otherwise it's a little difficult to help you if we don't know what your preferences are :wink:
haha I am way ahead of you! And yes Lidl is really close - Frankfurters there are good.. cheap veggies and fruits as well.

I would really love to see the inside though but couldn't find any on the web. It must be one of those halls that are just for VIPs (yeah I am dreaming).

Damn it :biggrin:

I would sooo love to see the inside too, at least some pictures of the room. Saw some pics of Whitworth Park and some others but none of Burkhardt .
Must be :wink:
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Actually you can still apply for accommodation at the Uni of Manchester, even if it's your inusrance. However, you're ok to apply late if you want to, as long as it's before 31/08/11 I think. If you want info on the different accommodation you should look here: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/ and here: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/ otherwise it's a little difficult to help you if we don't know what your preferences are :wink:

THAnks a lot . i will take a look and come back :wink:
Hey guys,

Applied for:

Ashburne no basin
Asburne with basin
Dalton Ellis no basin

Received: Dalton Ellis basin >_<

I was really hoping for Ashburne; it looks lovely, but never mind eh. Guess it was always going to be a long shot with only a small wing for guys there.

I've read a couple of people saying Dalton Ellis is full of rahs, and a couple saying this isn't true. I hope it's not, but I guess I'll find out regardless.

I'm in the Fiddes block on the ground floor, anyone else here with me?
Reply 1569
i applied for richmond park en suite as my first choise... i hope i get it :biggrin:
I left my accommodation application really late and only just sent mine off. Iv applied for Oak house no basin, oak house basin and Woolton. I hear Oak house holds many students so my question is are my chances for making oak house good?

Appreciate a reply thanks:smile:
Original post by SeBEASTian
I left my accommodation application really late and only just sent mine off. Iv applied for Oak house no basin, oak house basin and Woolton. I hear Oak house holds many students so my question is are my chances for making oak house good?

OOh why did you left it late? Is it because it is your insurance choice? Anyhoo.. in my opinion people who gets conditional offer are allocated through draw lots. That's what I think though..
Original post by JakeyTheSnake
Hey guys,

Applied for:

Ashburne no basin
Asburne with basin
Dalton Ellis no basin

Received: Dalton Ellis basin &gt;_&lt;

I was really hoping for Ashburne; it looks lovely, but never mind eh. Guess it was always going to be a long shot with only a small wing for guys there.

I've read a couple of people saying Dalton Ellis is full of rahs, and a couple saying this isn't true. I hope it's not, but I guess I'll find out regardless.

I'm in the Fiddes block on the ground floor, anyone else here with me?

Dalton Ellis is mostly rahs and internationals.
Fiddes is alright. Rooms are quite square. What room are you in? Apparently room 5 had an unbearable smell last year, but they might sort that out over summer.
OOh why did you left it late? Is it because it is your insurance choice? Anyhoo.. in my opinion people who gets conditional offer are allocated through draw lots. That's what I think though..

No it was my firm choice, Iv just had lots of things on recently such as moving house, working and no internet.. Just really didint think about University and if anything just put the idea of going to uni out of my mind.

Also, the course I've just finished is BTEC National Diploma which I have achieved what I know I need for University. So, even though I have left it late and considering Oak house has a lot of spaces for students will I probably be ok and be allocated a room there? What are my chances?

I actually called the accommodation office earlier today and they said that the chance of you getting in here is kind of high, much higher than if you, lets say applied for Richmond Park(which I did as well as oak).
hmm ok just gotta hope and pray I get in to Oak house.... anyway thanks for the reply:smile:
Also I got straight Distinctions on the course I took, would this give me an advantage over other students with a lower grade who are in a similar position to myself?
Also I got straight Distinctions on the course I took, would this give me an advantage over other students with a lower grade who are in a similar position to myself?

In relation to accommodation allocation? Not at all, as long as they have also met the conditions for their offer it's anyone's game (and it's not done first come first served or by random allocation :wink: they try and match people up based on preferences - e.g. a flat of smokers who wanted all guys - though obviously this won't work out for everyone)

In relation to accommodation allocation? Not at all, as long as they have also met the conditions for their offer it's anyone's game (and it's not done first come first served or by random allocation :wink: they try and match people up based on preferences - e.g. a flat of smokers who wanted all guys - though obviously this won't work out for everyone)

It was random allocation for all of the people I knew last year. They never asked us about preferences.
Original post by Aemiliana
It was random allocation for all of the people I knew last year. They never asked us about preferences.

Strange, perhaps it is then but that's not what I was told :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending