The Student Room Group

TSR's Movie Madness

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Result.
Reply 541
Results!
Reply 542
I can announce that the overall winner of TSR's inaugural Movie Madness is....

The Shawshank Redemption!

The final result was:

The Shawshank Redemption 133 - 95 The Dark Knight

Thanks to everyone that voted, discussed and predicted - I think it all ran pretty smoothly and was interesting, and hopefully there'll be some more in the future. :biggrin:
Reply 543
Well wasn't expecting that :laugh:

It's been fun to predict & vote :cute: hope there's something similar again at some point!
Reply 544
:awesome:
:indiff:
:pierre:
Thanks for doing/setting this up though. It was really fun and injected some excitement into the forum.
:teeth:

Movie Madness has been a brilliant success :yes: A lot of voters/interest generated! Much credit to Phalanges :biggrin: I'm sure the moderation team will look at similar ventures and we'll definitely try and organise something fun next summer after exams here in Ents/Hobbies & Interests. I'll open it up to ideas some point next year :yy:
Reply 549
Cheers for setting this up Phalanges! =]

Despite the Shawshank win, there were definitely some unpredictable results, didn't think some films would get as far as others...
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Thanks for doing/setting this up though. It was really fun and injected some excitement into the forum.

Yes, this :yep:
T'was good fun. We should do a music or game one next :ahee:
Reply 552
I think we should mix it up somehow. Maybe everyone nominates a film or something.
Note to self, follow the IMDB rankings when doing prediction :sigh:

Well done to the winner, but the real credit goes to Phalanges for setting this up. Thanks for making this summer more interesting :congrats:
Well the only movie on the list i have ever seen got to the final but surely 200 voters isn't enough to go by.
Original post by Colonel.
I think we should mix it up somehow. Maybe everyone nominates a film or something.

Yes I agree
Reply 556
I cannot believe Shawshank won. It's not even that great.
Reply 557
Original post by Dalek1099
Well the only movie on the list i have ever seen got to the final but surely 200 voters isn't enough to go by.

Do you hate good films?! :tongue:

This was fun to follow so thanks for setting it all up :smile:
Reply 558
After saying that TSR would vote according to films that are generally considered 'good', and remarking that Shawshank was likely to win as it's a film that noone seems to dislike and the majority seem to have seen it... look what happens. :pierre:

Despite the predictability of the end result, it was a good comp. and there were a *few* unpredictable results too (fortunately). Well done, P. :yy:
Original post by Deshi
I cannot believe Shawshank won. It's not even that great.

Why don't you like it?

(This is a genuine question.)

Quick Reply

Latest