The Student Room Group

Quiet guys - how to approach you?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well done great start anon. What are your plans for tomorrow? Do you have Art? I am very intrigued about this story keep at it without being too obvious though and see if it works
Reply 41
Original post by ctobin
Well done great start anon. What are your plans for tomorrow? Do you have Art? I am very intrigued about this story keep at it without being too obvious though and see if it works

Yes we have art tomorrow. I think I'm going to comment on his project and then ask how he makes his branches all tapered and nice (we're drawing trees atm). Or something like that : )
Reply 42
Ok best of luck let us all know how it goes!
Reply 43
*watches thread* :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Haha...you guys ought to obsess over every possible signal like we do. It'd make things a whole lot easier. I feel like I'm being totally obvious, but I wonder if he even notices :rolleyes:

Anyway, I caught him looking at me a few times in class today, and he held eye contact long enough for me to smile at him in the hallway! Woot! :biggrin:

Ooh that's a good sign :smile:

Most guys have trouble picking up on all these hints women give, especially if they're inexperienced. I wouldn't read anything into that.
I'm not quiet, I'm not shy BUT I am dense.

Thus if I was thinking about it from his point of view, although I think one girl particularly showing interest would be obvious to even me, I'd suggest that once you've taken the friendly thing a bit further and gotten his number and such like, tell him how you feel. You're probably not as shy as my girlfriend was, but if need be start to make it obvious in texts and messenger and such.

He might be hesitant because he assumes you can't really be interested, as in many you're just messing him about or something, especially if he has been bullied before..
Just out of interest, if anything did start between you two, would you tell him about us giving you advice :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by deltabomber
Just out of interest, if anything did start between you two, would you tell him about us giving you advice :smile:

Haha, that'd be funny. "You were so hard to talk to, I had to ask TSR for help."
Haha, that'd be funny. "You were so hard to talk to, I had to ask TSR for help."

hey maybe he's a member of TSR?! :tongue:
Reply 49
Keep us updated OP...I feel like such a schoolgirl
Reply 50
Original post by joey11223
hey maybe he's a member of TSR?! :tongue:

If he does, I wouldn't mind if he saw this thread...haha, but he doesn't even have a Facebook, so I doubt it.

Original post by wassupjg
Keep us updated OP...I feel like such a schoolgirl

We had a halfday today so art was a bit of a blur and I didn't get a chance to approach him.

BUT. He's usually wandering around the halls before school, and he was today, and I was coming out of the bathroom with my friends while he was passing by. He stopped, turned, looked at me, and then kept walking! Suppose that means anything? Or am I reading too far into things...
Reply 51
If he does, I wouldn't mind if he saw this thread...haha, but he doesn't even have a Facebook, so I doubt it.

We had a halfday today so art was a bit of a blur and I didn't get a chance to approach him.

BUT. He's usually wandering around the halls before school, and he was today, and I was coming out of the bathroom with my friends while he was passing by. He stopped, turned, looked at me, and then kept walking! Suppose that means anything? Or am I reading too far into things...

I don't have facebook yet am on TSR. :tongue:

One thing for sure him turning back and looking at you shows he is noticing you. You've just gotta break the ice even more.
Reply 52
Original post by Hey TSR
I don't have facebook yet am on TSR. :tongue:

One thing for sure him turning back and looking at you shows he is noticing you. You've just gotta break the ice even more.

(Okay, I don't have a Facebook either. Not sure why I made that point, haha.)

Yeah, that's what I got from it - at least he's aware I exist. Today was really hectic, but I can try again tomorrow. His quietness is really unnerving :frown: It doesn't feel "shy" so much as "cold, not interested". But I'll try anyways!

(Btw, thanks everyone for giving advice/being interested. You're putting pressure on me to act :tongue:)
Reply 53

Yes!! he noticed you!! :proud: well at least things are progressing :biggrin:
just to let you know, this is the best thread i have watched in ages. (not to be a lurker or anything lol) its just that im in the same sort of boat, and everyone on here has gave some really helpful advise :borat: cheers!
Reply 54
Original post by xPacey
just to let you know, this is the best thread i have watched in ages. (not to be a lurker or anything lol) its just that im in the same sort of boat, and everyone on here has gave some really helpful advise :borat: cheers!

Oh, you're in the same sort of boat? Do tell! Who's the boy?
Original post by xPacey

You cant steal the advice without sharing the story...o.k so you can.... but tell us more!!
Reply 56
With him feeling not so much 'shy' but 'cold/ uninterested' I wouldn't really worry. I used to be really shy and quiet around people I didnt know very well/ feel comfortable with (I still am to an extent) and those that later became my friends and yes even my bf's have told me that they used to think I was cold/ uninterested because I wouldn't smile at them or answer q's with more than a few words. Apparently they all had massive shocks when they saw me with my close friends laughing and joking and generally being quite loud :biggrin: From all you've said it just sounds like he's really shy and isn't very comfortable around you yet but trust me, the smiles and little talks are helping. Especially if he's making more eye contact and noticing you in the corridor. Never know, soon he may even work up the courage to speak! :redface:
Reply 57
Original post by holz428
With him feeling not so much 'shy' but 'cold/ uninterested' I wouldn't really worry. I used to be really shy and quiet around people I didnt know very well/ feel comfortable with (I still am to an extent) and those that later became my friends and yes even my bf's have told me that they used to think I was cold/ uninterested because I wouldn't smile at them or answer q's with more than a few words. Apparently they all had massive shocks when they saw me with my close friends laughing and joking and generally being quite loud :biggrin: From all you've said it just sounds like he's really shy and isn't very comfortable around you yet but trust me, the smiles and little talks are helping. Especially if he's making more eye contact and noticing you in the corridor. Never know, soon he may even work up the courage to speak! :redface:

Thanks for telling me this, it's really encouraging! Sometimes I worry I'll just be bothering him, like maybe he's not shy, he just doesn't like people, so I'm glad to hear it's probably not the case :smile:

Hey I dunno I'm not anti-social exactly, but I didn't sort me out a Bookface until my girlfriend then pestered me too..:tongue:
Reply 59
Original post by joey11223
Hey I dunno I'm not anti-social exactly, but I didn't sort me out a Bookface until my girlfriend then pestered me too..:tongue:

Meh, Facebook's overrated. I deleted mine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending