The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Accommodation- soas (PROBLEM!!!)

i already live in london but i want to move out. i was just rejected for Dinwiddy house so now i need to find another place but the only cheap alternative is twin rooms. i have no one i know to move in with which means i would be put with a stranger, right? has anyone been in this situation before? what if i dont like the person or if they dont like me. i was also hoping to only be with first year students.
Reply 1
yeah, I'm in the EXACT same situation... what do you mean twin rooms? There are some other alternatives, they're just not that great. One I'm looking at atm is http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/london/the-arcade/

It's 12 mins away on the tube and affordable, closest thing to halls you can get without being halls I suppose? Does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter - or is anyone else in a similar situation?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by Nizuno
yeah, I'm in the EXACT same situation... what do you mean twin rooms? There are some other alternatives, they're just not that great. One I'm looking at atm is http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/london/the-arcade/

It's 12 mins away on the tube and affordable, closest thing to halls you can get without being halls I suppose? Does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter - or is anyone else in a similar situation?

im so confused on what to do at this point. to make it worse, since i got in through clearing, i had to update my student finance to say im living in london and i still dont know how much im gonna get which is so frustrating bcause i cant properly budget :frown:
Reply 3
It sucks doesn't it... I'm in exactly the same boat, had to send off my student finance again, I had to apply via clearing because I was too late to accept my offer so it auto-declined... that's all sorted now I just need to find somewhere to live but it's so depressing, I've been searching all day and have called maybe 15 different people but everything is either SUPER Expensive or a property with non-students or really old ones, miles away from campus.

If you find anything useful, let me know please :smile:
Reply 4
I just booked a place at Wood Green Hall today £134 per week with £200 deposit which isn't to bad for London. It's not super close to SOAS but it is on the Piccadilly line (zone 3) so a direct tube to Russell Square in around 15 mins. I think some of the unite properties still have availability to such as Station Court in Seven Sisters.
Reply 5
Original post by Chatra
I just booked a place at Wood Green Hall today £134 per week with £200 deposit which isn't to bad for London. It's not super close to SOAS but it is on the Piccadilly line (zone 3) so a direct tube to Russell Square in around 15 mins. I think some of the unite properties still have availability to such as Station Court in Seven Sisters.

It's not exactly walking distance to SOAS, but there are quite a lot of SOAS Students living in the Wood Green/Turnpike Lane area! Especially second and third year undergrads!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending