The Student Room Group

City Interships....is it worth it?

I've been offered onto the city interships scheme. My University recommeneded it so i applied.
I was really happy to get accepted to enrol, except the programme requires a £300 depoist before even letting me apply for placements. :confused:
I've also read on posts from a few years ago this programme costs £4750 for the duration of the intership.
I'm not looking for accomodation, as I live in an hour away from London Euston in the midlands and can commute easily without having to fork out for London's pricey lifestyle!
I don't know if i can justify paying this much out to have unpaid work experience with a company.
Although a girl on my course did it in LA over the summer and has now got a job secured in American after graduation.

Has anyone used the City Intership scheme or no anything about it before I start paying any money towards it? :smile:
The hell?

Here's how it works...when you go to work, the company pays you, not the other way round.

Close to 5 grand for the 'priviledge' of working...Jesus wept...
Sounds like a complete scam to me... as mentioned above, you should be getting paid to work, not the other way round.
I got this earlier this year. Don't do it it's not worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending