The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Hello all!
I have recieved interviews for Nottingham (28th Jan) and Edinburgh (4th March). Haven't heard anything from Bristol/Liverpool since 8th October! (Except Bristol sent me an email about whether I'd considered applying for a music, art or sport scholarship... HAHAHA not my forté!!!) Nerves are building up, but just hoping when I do hear it's all good news!
The more I look into what other people have achieved in GCSE's, A-levels & the book-loads of work experience they've got, the more I worry about how inferior my application seems :P
Fortunately I shall not be wavered & will definitely be going into these interviews with a positive mind set & will just try to do my best.
Anybody else got interviews at Notts/Edinburgh on these dates?
Original post by LibertyB96
Hello all!
I have recieved interviews for Nottingham (28th Jan) and Edinburgh (4th March). Haven't heard anything from Bristol/Liverpool since 8th October! (Except Bristol sent me an email about whether I'd considered applying for a music, art or sport scholarship... HAHAHA not my forté!!!) Nerves are building up, but just hoping when I do hear it's all good news!
The more I look into what other people have achieved in GCSE's, A-levels & the book-loads of work experience they've got, the more I worry about how inferior my application seems :P
Fortunately I shall not be wavered & will definitely be going into these interviews with a positive mind set & will just try to do my best

I've got an interview at Nottingham on Wednesday too, I'm in the same boat my application seems lacking compared to everyone else so I am petrified! Just hoping being myself and very positive will be okay!
Hey, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways :P Does anyone know where the interviews for Edinburgh are held? Is it at the Easter Bush Campus?
Original post by aspiredvet
Hey, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways :P Does anyone know where the interviews for Edinburgh are held? Is it at the Easter Bush Campus?

Yup, Easter Bush :yep:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yup, Easter Bush :yep:

Hey everyone! So far I've been rejected from Bristol and Nottingham, but still yet to hear any word whatsoever from Surrey or Edinburgh! :/ if they were gonna consider me should I not have heard something by now?
Does anyone know when Bristol are likely to give out more interviews? At Christmas they said they still had some to give out and I haven't heard of anyone getting one since then? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny__Kidoo
Hey everyone! So far I've been rejected from Bristol and Nottingham, but still yet to hear any word whatsoever from Surrey or Edinburgh! :/ if they were gonna consider me should I not have heard something by now?

I think Ed might still be giving our interviews in drips and drabs, although I've heard that it's due to them filling the spaces of people invited to interview that aren't attending.

No idea about Surrey.

Original post by lauren_97
Does anyone know when Bristol are likely to give out more interviews? At Christmas they said they still had some to give out and I haven't heard of anyone getting one since then? Thanks :smile:

Just checked- there's still one interview date accepting registrations, and another accepting waitlists. :smile: Unfortunately I think that they've handed out the majority of spaces now, but there's still slots to be filled so don't give up hope. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think Ed might still be giving our interviews in drips and drabs, although I've heard that it's due to them filling the spaces of people invited to interview that aren't attending.

No idea about Surrey.

Just checked- there's still one interview date accepting registrations, and another accepting waitlists. :smile: Unfortunately I think that they've handed out the majority of spaces now, but there's still slots to be filled so don't give up hope. :smile:

Hi LTC.... Appreciate your efforts to keep us informed .... I have an interview at Bristol coming up soon, but don't recall the need to register... Have I missed something? Thanks.
Original post by wanttobevet
I have an interview at Bristol coming up soon, but don't recall the need to register... Have I missed something?

If you have received the email telling you have been invited to interview, and followed the link to the 'date selection' page, and actually booked yourself a slot, and responded to any subsequent emails from the Uni, thats all you need to do.

Advice to everyone - keep checking your spam email folder for stray emails - they dont always go straight to your Inbox!
It's for people who have been invited to interview, and needs to be sent at least two weeks prior to your interview date. All the information is here.

The form is a lot simpler than all of the others that I've done, they don't even ask for contact details of each placement. I don't think they put as much emphasis on wex as other places, though.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for the info! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm fairly new to tsr and but I have been on the website before and when I saw this thread just thought it would be a good way to get to know other people who want to go into vet med. I'm only in 4th year and this summer hols is probably the time to get some work experience under my belt. My dream is to be a wildlife/conservation vet, what about everyone else? :smile:
Original post by megan-mci
Hi, I'm fairly new to tsr and but I have been on the website before and when I saw this thread just thought it would be a good way to get to know other people who want to go into vet med. I'm only in 4th year and this summer hols is probably the time to get some work experience under my belt. My dream is to be a wildlife/conservation vet, what about everyone else? :smile:

I'd love to be a wildlife vet as well! :smile:

No idea about Surrey.

Ok thank you :smile:
My dream is to be a wildlife/conservation vet, what about everyone else? :smile:

Same here, I'm really drawn to wildlife at the moment but my mind is open to othe stuff as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by wanttobevet
Hi LTC.... Appreciate your efforts to keep us informed .... I have an interview at Bristol coming up soon, but don't recall the need to register... Have I missed something? Thanks.

What Sydneybridge said :smile: The date selection page is the one I've been checking when people ask about Bristol interviews. If you've received the 'Your Registration Is Confirmed' email and you have sent/are planning to send the paperwork, then you're good to go :smile:

Welcome to TSR :hi: . I'm afraid I'm a little unfamiliar with the Scottish system, am I right in thinking that 4th year is the year you do your Standards? If so there's still plenty of time, and as you say summer is a great time to get some experience :biggrin:

Personally I'm quite into exotic animals, they're what I want to work with :biggrin:
LTC & S ... Thanks, done that. D
Original post by LibertyB96
Hello all!
Fortunately I shall not be wavered & will definitely be going into these interviews with a positive mind set & will just try to do my best.

I have exactly the same interviews as you! And I've applied to the same vet schools as you and I'm still yet to hear from Bristol and Liverpool...strange haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else get the interviewer profiles for Nottingham through the other day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5139
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
Anyone else get the interviewer profiles for Nottingham through the other day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep just got it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending