The Student Room Group

Switching my insurance to my firm?

I applied for English language and linguistics as separate subjects at the same university. The grade requirements for Language were higher so I made it my firm and linguistics my insurance, After much consideration I decided that although both courses are extremely similar, linguistics is slightly more relevant to what I want to do in the future. I'm still considering the possibility but would a university let me switch courses on results day? I'm more than confident that I'll get the grades for both subjects.
Usually a university will let you switch between similar courses even without having the second offer, so I'd have thought it's likely your university will let you switch to Linguistics. That said, it depends on how the university in question handles things and whether there are any vacancies in that department, so don't count on it. Ideally you should make your mind up ASAP so you can ask them about it.
Original post by ohgodwhatamidoin
Usually a university will let you switch between similar courses even without having the second offer, so I'd have thought it's likely your university will let you switch to Linguistics. That said, it depends on how the university in question handles things and whether there are any vacancies in that department, so don't count on it. Ideally you should make your mind up ASAP so you can ask them about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending