The Student Room Group

Will Universities care about my predicted grade?

Hi, I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I hoping to study Biology, Chemistry and Maths second year. I am pretty sure I will get kicked out. I recently actually these few says want to study medicine. If revise hardcore for UKCAT and BMAT will I be able to get accepted or even considered to any University with a really bad predicted grade and just above average GCSE results. I will have a AS in Maths and I am really good it at. Also I will became a Dementia friend and I went to a one day course on suturing course and the person that taught me how to suture taught me suturing techniques none of other students knew. I have a had more relevant experience in other universities and I volunteer at Kissing it Better. Since I was young I had a dream of studying at Cambridge. Do you think they will consider my application; I will have a really good AS Maths grade and if I do really well in BMAT? I was never more than ever wanted something in my life so much. Also I am retake in another university. Can anyone enlighten me? This accordance to new spec since first year doesn't matter if you are doing the second year.
I forgot to add I will be also teaching my self AS and A2 further maths to sit the exams for them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Magic Liquid
Hi, I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I hoping to study Biology, Chemistry and Maths second year. I am pretty sure I will get kicked out. I recently actually these few says want to study medicine. If revise hardcore for UKCAT and BMAT will I be able to get accepted or even considered to any University with a really bad predicted grade and just above average GCSE results. I will have a AS in Maths and I am really good it at. Also I will became a Dementia friend and I went to a one day course on suturing course and the person that taught me how to suture taught me suturing techniques none of other students knew. I have a had more relevant experience in other universities and I volunteer at Kissing it Better. Since I was young I had a dream of studying at Cambridge. Do you think they will consider my application; I will have a really good AS Maths grade and if I do really well in BMAT? I was never more than ever wanted something in my life so much. Also I am retake in another university. Can anyone enlighten me? This accordance to new spec since first year doesn't matter if you are doing the second year.
I forgot to add I will be also teaching my self AS and A2 further maths

If you don't meet the minimum requirements (i.e. either achieved or predicted AAA) then you will be rejected. It won't matter how well you do in entrance exams.

Don't waste you time on further maths, its useless for medicine. Focus on bringing your grades up to AAA.
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
If you don't meet the minimum requirements (i.e. either achieved or predicted AAA) then you will be rejected. It won't matter how well you do in entrance exams.

Don't waste you time on further maths, its useless for medicine. Focus on bringing your grades up to AAA.

Okay but wouldn't it help as I have the ability to teach things to my self?
Okay but wouldn't it help as I have the ability to teach things to my self?

No. Not if you can't achieve AAA in your other subjects. Universities don't care about extra subjects for medicine, especially not further maths.

And not to be rude, but if you're already struggling with your other subjects, why on earth do you think self teaching (and thus getting no support) an extra subject is a good idea?
Reply 4
Original post by ForestCat
No. Not if you can't achieve AAA in your other subjects. Universities don't care about extra subjects for medicine, especially not further maths.

And not to be rude, but if you're already struggling with your other subjects, why on earth do you think self teaching (and thus getting no support) an extra subject is a good idea?

That is not rude at all. As soon as I read that, I realized you are right. I am hoping my teachers are going to accept me to the second year. Also I forgot to thank you for your quick response and helpful tip
Reply 5
I forgot to add I will be also teaching my self AS and A2 further maths to sit the exams for them.

Just to reiterate what the other person said. If your predicted grades aren't a minimum of AAA don't bother applying to medicine this year. Consider a gap year, try to achieve the grades and apply after that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending