The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day

I initially wanted to open my results with my friends but I'm a bit concerned because I am one of those overachiever people who gets A*s in everything and my friends tend to sit around the C or B mark and if I open my results with them and they don't do as well as me I don't want to upset them especially if they don't do as well as they'd like so I'm not sure what to do there. What should I do?
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
I initially wanted to open my results with my friends but I'm a bit concerned because I am one of those overachiever people who gets A*s in everything and my friends tend to sit around the C or B mark and if I open my results with them and they don't do as well as me I don't want to upset them especially if they don't do as well as they'd like so I'm not sure what to do there. What should I do?

There's no easy way about it, you may want to avoid your friends. I went along at a random time and avoided most people rather than organising a set time for everyone to come in. Or if someone asks you just say 'I got enough to get into 6th form so I'm happy :tongue:' or equivalent.
Chances are good they'll care more about their own results than yours so open them where/when you want, others probably won't take much notice tbh
Reply 3
They will get the grades they had worked for when they had the time. So you don't worry and open your results where and when you like. And anyway I'm sure they will be too concerned to know their own results than to worry about someone else's :smile:
Reply 4
Dont worry about it , just look happy and be exited when you obtain your result and even if they got bad results tell them that they will do better next time

Quick Reply

Latest