The Student Room Group

Personal Statement (GTTR Application)

I will be submitting my application form in September through the GTTR website and you have to write a personal statement. Now I assume that they don't just want to hear about your life's achievements, but instead more on how you've aspired to teach and the experience you've had; work experience, shadowing teachers etc…

So the point of my post is to really ask advice on what you would include in your personal statement, for teaching, or if you know where I could find some examples. I seem to recollect when I applied for English through UCAS some years ago, I used a website which listed examples of personal statements, but I can't remember the website. Any ideas welcome. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
when i did mine i mentioned all the different experiences work wise with children. i concentrated mainly on work experience placement, and gave a short mention to the other experiences i had.

also mentioned why i wanted to do the course, and also career too. and why i think i b good at it

cant think what else i put now, but when i remember il post it again

good luck with it
Reply 2
Thanks for that advice. I just wish I could remember the website I used for my personal statement, when I was applying for my degree.
Reply 3
i found i kept putting it off, but i found starting it was hardest part, that took me ages, and planning it. once id done that it didnt take me that long. even if u dont have that website for help anymore, just jot down a few ideas, it will get the thinking process of it started, and from there more ideas will come. u could check out the UCas personal statements on this site, fo r ideas either, even if there is no teaching ones, reading others might help with ideas etc
Reply 4
**R**
i found i kept putting it off, but i found starting it was hardest part, that took me ages, and planning it. once id done that it didnt take me that long. even if u dont have that website for help anymore, just jot down a few ideas, it will get the thinking process of it started, and from there more ideas will come. u could check out the UCas personal statements on this site, fo r ideas either, even if there is no teaching ones, reading others might help with ideas etc

Thanks for the advice. I agree that starting will be the hardest problem. However, I've managed to collect a fair few examples and advice over the past few weeks and I'm certain that once I start I'll be able to write a good personal statement.
Reply 5
i took weeks to get mine started, i kept putting it off, cos it seemed so hard and impossible. but once i did, the rest came easy enough.

are u applying for entry in 2005 or 2006 ? and what uni do u hope for ?
Reply 6
2006 entry for me. I still have 1 year left of my degree. I'm currently looking at Oxford, Roehampton, Manchester and Bath as my four choices.
Reply 7
sure i had an interview for a place in 2005, but they offered me 2006 instead

Latest

Trending

Trending