The Student Room Group

BF just ruined my night/life.

My boyfriend of a year has just made my night crap
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
can.you.make.music?
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

Shoot the prick.

If that fails/you wimp out, just dump his sorry arse!
He's acting like this after a year?

It'll only get worse, he's a future wife beater and an absolute ****. Get out now. I would never stand for anything like that from a guy. Ever.
Reply 3
I told you never to post on internet forums! How dare you disobey me! You're gonna get it next time I see you!
Reply 4
If this is real (sorry, it is TSR H+R after all), then I'm amazed you're even considering staying with him, and/or have put up with him for this long.
do a runner. :console:
Reply 6
Tell him to GTF. If he's gonna treat you like that after 5 weeks who know what it might progress to after 5 months.

Edit: Misread, thought you said you'd been with him for 5 weeks not know the friends for 5 weeks.
Reply 7
can.you.make.music?
Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

This option, sorry. :console:

It sounds like you'd be far better off without him, unless this was very out of character and he had a valid reason for acting the way he did.
Reply 8
lifes too short.... say farewell...
Over controlling over bearing prick. Get away from him, forget this "one more chance" malarky.
I know what you mean about still wanting to be with him, but i really really don't think this is a healthy situation to be in... he's possessive, paranoid and jealous, and has actually been physically violent towards you. For your own safety, I don't think you should get back into a relationship with this man, as this sort of thing can become a pattern (not saying it will definitely, but it can).
Do it by text too. Rub salt in the wound etc
Reply 12
get out now, it might be easer now than later as you wont see him untill (i assume) you go back home for christmas which gives you 6 weeks to the possibilty of bumping into him again.
get rid of him! he sounds terrrrible :/
Reply 14
Wow, some people have issues...
Reply 15
He sounds like a prick but it's up to you whether you dump him or not. Personally I would never finish with someone over one incident but that's just me. If he's like this all the time then yeah.
ToastyCoke
Do it by text too. Rub salt in the wound etc

or via a post on his facebook wall :pierre:
Wow, are you sure he was sober? :/ That's way out of order though. You made the right decision and he's most likely learned a lesson from this.
can.you.make.music?

This was bang out of order!

If this was him 'trying to get his behaviour under control, then I shudder to think what it was like before! He's you're boyfriend, not your keeper. You are not accountable to him and he has absolutely no right to speak to you the way he did - yes, I would class his conduct as being a 'dumpable offence' (particularly if this is not the first time he's acted in this way).

If the verbal abuse wasn't reason enough to get out, this certainly is! Physical aggression followed by contrition is a classic abuse cycle - I would say that you need to advise him to get professional help and get yourself out of the relationship pronto.

I think you're better off cutting your losses, but it's not my decision to make!
he sounds like a right knob. if i was you, when he was having a go on the phone id of told him to stick it. he sounds sooooo out of order.

Latest

Trending

Trending