The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily Jane
I applied to Central Village today, but I don't know whether to change it to the Tannery because I want a studio and after seeing on this thread how popular CV is, I don't know if I'll get one :s-smilie:

I doubt many people on here will be applying for studios though! I think most people applying for those places will go for the usual ensuite room (although thats just a guess, I may be wrong!)
Also you can never guess the popularity of a place - just because lots of people on here want CV doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of people offline who want the Tannery!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 781
THREAD NECROMANCY!

There's a thread for this year that's stickied, please use that.
Reply 782
Anyone thinking of Henry Price, Lupton or Devonshire?
I am so stuck on which one to choose.
Can anyone help?
(:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by xcloxclox
hey!firmed leeds uni on wednesday and just applied for accom

put henry price as my preferred choice :smile: anyone else?
:d

i think i might! :smile:
How many accomodation choices do we get?
Reply 785
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
How many accomodation choices do we get?

Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, you get one choice. But you also get to rank things like distance to campus, cost, ensuite, social events etc. in order of preference, so if you don't get your first choice, the uni tries to put you somewhere suitable based on your preferences.
Original post by Gemini92
Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, you get one choice. But you also get to rank things like distance to campus, cost, ensuite, social events etc. in order of preference, so if you don't get your first choice, the uni tries to put you somewhere suitable based on your preferences.

Oh wow, thanks.
Scary stuff then!
Reply 787
Hey! was just wondering where the medics this year are thinking of going? Are there any halls which are close to the medical building? :biggrin:
Reply 788
Original post by medseeker
Hey! was just wondering where the medics this year are thinking of going? Are there any halls which are close to the medical building? :biggrin:

I think the Tannery and Central village are quite close, and Charles morris (catered) is almost next to it. Are you going to the open day because when I'm there I want to see how long it'll take to get to the med school - i don't want to have to get up early :tongue:
also have you firmed leeds?
Reply 789
Hello!On September I will do a MSc at Leeds University Business School!I would like your opinion about the accommodation.Which is the best for postgraduate students from Europe ?
P.S I want en-suite room and to be near the Business School!
thank you!!!
Reply 790
Original post by yum-yum
I think the Tannery and Central village are quite close, and Charles morris (catered) is almost next to it. Are you going to the open day because when I'm there I want to see how long it'll take to get to the med school - i don't want to have to get up early :tongue:
also have you firmed leeds?

Yes, I firmed Leeds, Can't wait to start! Sound like great options but i need to think about cost, My maintenance loan won't even cover some of the halls :O I can't go to the open day, wish I could! flights are too expensive so I'll just have to trust the pictures! Where are you thinking of going?
Reply 791
Yes, I firmed Leeds, Can't wait to start! Sound like great options but i need to think about cost, My maintenance loan won't even cover some of the halls :O I can't go to the open day, wish I could! flights are too expensive so I'll just have to trust the pictures! Where are you thinking of going?

The Tannery, James Baillie, Leodis and Central village I think :smile: What about you?
It seems like there's hardly anyone going to Leeds for medicine so far (not that it's their fault :tongue:), I keep thinking I'll turn up and find about 20 people in my class :biggrin: I think I'm the only one from here going to the accommodation day who is going to do medicine, but at least I'm not having to get a flight; just a long drive down from scotland :rolleyes:
Reply 792
Original post by yum-yum
The Tannery, James Baillie, Leodis and Central village I think :smile: What about you?
It seems like there's hardly anyone going to Leeds for medicine so far (not that it's their fault :tongue:), I keep thinking I'll turn up and find about 20 people in my class :biggrin: I think I'm the only one from here going to the accommodation day who is going to do medicine, but at least I'm not having to get a flight; just a long drive down from scotland :rolleyes:

I'm thinking James bailie and Henry Price, they look so pretty! JBP seems to have a really good location too. awww, you need to tell me all from the accommodation day :P You can be my eyes and ears! Do you have any friends going to Leeds with you?
Hey guys! I've firmed Leeds for English and Classical Literature...so psyched! I applied for accomodation last week as well...went for James Baillie in the end, but won't have a chance to visit it D: Looks really nice though! But apparently it's quite hard to get into (which I can imagine because of location) Anyone managed to see it? Does it live up to the pictures?

I looked into Clarence Dock aswell which looked a bit more modern but location won me over on James Baillie haha.
Reply 794
I'm thinking James bailie and Henry Price, they look so pretty! JBP seems to have a really good location too. awww, you need to tell me all from the accommodation day :P You can be my eyes and ears! Do you have any friends going to Leeds with you?

No, I won't know anyone :sad:
I'll post everything I find out about it here for those who can't go, but I won't be going to every place, I'll probably only manage about four or five. James bailie looks great but apparently it is oversubscribed :s-smilie:
Also congrats on getting in, when did you hear?
by the way, what does 'cluster flat room' mean? (JBP)
Original post by Rachael2012
Hi everyone, I’m a year 13 leaver and have recently firmed Leeds for Medicine starting 2012, i’m really stuck between Henry price and Central village :s want to take a look at james Baillie too... anybody else considering these including medics?? thanks :smile:

hey I'm a medic was considering central village maybe? or charles morris :smile:
hey guys I've just formed for medicine, and was thinking of going catered and maybe applying for charles morris? any other medics? or other applicants going for charles morris maybe?
Reply 798

I have a friend in leeds already and he said the tannery is a 10/15min walk tops to the lecture theatres, pretty sure central village is near too, and the on campus ones arent far away :smile:

i've firmed medicine and applied to tannery :smile:
Original post by niamhjoyce
by the way, what does 'cluster flat room' mean? (JBP)

A cluster flat is often used just to describe any shared flat with a collection of rooms but for JBP we usually use it to describe the flats with shared facilities rather than the en suites.

Quick Reply

Latest