The Student Room Group
sheepgirl
I am just about to start my first saturday job and wondered what then gerenal rates of pay are for someone just working 1 day per week. I'l be working 9 or 10 hours. I dont know my pay rate yet but I think its will be around £3.80 an hour. Is this ok?

£3.80 in Essex? Sounds a bit low, should be at least £4.30 I think. But maybe I'm wrong.
Reply 2
sheepgirl
I am just about to start my first saturday job and wondered what then gerenal rates of pay are for someone just working 1 day per week. I'l be working 9 or 10 hours. I dont know my pay rate yet but I think its will be around £3.80 an hour. Is this ok?

Thats is ****, who are you working for?

Actually, I might be wrong, companies like Morrisons have a 13 week probation period at £3.82 per hour that then goes up to £4.43 per hour after successful completion of 13 weeks
Reply 3
Its working in specsavers optitions - processing orders and re-stocking etc etc. Do you think it is low then? How would I ask for more - or maybe I should wait and work for a few months before I ask - I wouldnt want to start demanding better pay before I start! lol
Reply 4
You can't really ask for more pay in a place like specsavers they would have a standard rate.

My first job (this is a while ago mind) paid £2.60 an hour and for that I had to run a cafe, do orders, haul big delivery crates, cook for large parties, serve and lock up and set the alarms. So count yourself lucky!!
Reply 5
lol. Yeh I sont mind about the pay - its my first job and its still £140 per month which is fab as far as I'm concerned! And it will be great experiance - I want to study optometry at university so it should help my application!
sheepgirl
lol. Yeh I sont mind about the pay - its my first job and its still £140 per month which is fab as far as I'm concerned! And it will be great experiance - I want to study optometry at university so it should help my application!

Yeah in that case just think of it as work experience! I'm 18 and still working for free, just to build up my CV!

Latest

Trending

Trending