The Student Room Group

I challenge you all to beat my stupidity! Worst mistake you've made in an exam?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Missed out 1/4 of my gcse history exam. Was really stupid , the exam paper was about 10 pages, teacher starting the exam said we only had to answer first 4 questions or at least that's what i thought she said. Apparently she said the first 4 pages...
wrote the right answer in my s1 exam which took ten minutes.
then crossed it out and wrote the wrong one beneath it.
Reply 182
I wrote ludacris instead of ludicrous. That's all I got.
In our GCSE French speaking, we challenged each other to get 'parallel universe', 'bidet', 'frog' and 'caravan' into the presentation. I managed all 4 and got a lot of kudos and the prize for having the most random presentation in the year :biggrin:

And in my A2 History exam on 1625-1660, I opened the paper, closed it, whacked my head off the desk and ended up with a huge lump on my head for the rest of the week. I passed that paper bizarrely...
I haven't beaten it personally but one of my mates was doing an SQL question on an Information Systems exam at uni that said "List the following:", followed by a description of what data the query needed to return. Obviously the question meant write the SQL code that would product those results but he just looked at the data provided in the question paper and copied it as the answer :p:
I decided to write my story for english in old english kinda like a shakespear play but the problem was that I didnt not really know how to do that and I failed because noone could understand it.
Last year I ****** up negative and positive liberty and wrote that negative liberty = the freedom to starve :lolwut:

Not too bad, if I hadn't already started the essay and written a page of it - correctly, before crossing it out. :facepalm:

Oh, and for my English A2 I misunderstood the word 'disintigration' and thus did very bad on that paper and ruined my A level into a B.
Reply 187
MathsHamster
I have missed out 10% of an exam before due to not turning the paper over.

And my friend once made the organism/orgasm mistake throughout a biology paper.

I once mixed up genitals and gentiles in year 7. You should have seen the amount of red pen that the RE teacher used.
None that bad happened to me but i got 2 stories.

One was 2 days ago when as the invigilators were taking in the exam the guy next to me realised there was a question on the back page that he had missed so tried taking the exam paper back off the invigilator to complete this question.

The other was in humanities GCSE where we had to answer 2 questions out of 7. We were told to only answer 2 our of the 3 we have learnt and ignore all the others... We must have been told at least 100 times but of course there was the one guy that decided to try them all. When i asked him how it went afterwards he said "Bad, didn't even get onto Question 7 and my answers to all the others are short, how much do they expect us to write?"
Reply 189
Jellynubbin
are you like the fat kid on superbad who is obsessed with drawing phallus'? You know, cos of that post...and your username... :o:

I'm quite similar... more like this kid though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7xUpxP7LE
On my recent Chemistry exam, I misread the question and rather than comparing the production from crude oil or crops for making ethanol for a fuel i basically explained why using ethanol as a fuel was better than crude oil fuels such as petrol for cars.. *facepalm* 5 marks down the drain.
Once I missed out the entire back page of the exam. Serves me right for not going all the way to END OF QUESTIONS
Reply 192
Well I was sick on my SATs paper in year 9. Thank god it was only english. :smile:

But in my geography exam I did every question on the paper when we only needed to do a choice of 4 out of 7 qs.
My friend only answered Section A of her RE paper, and she didn't notice why she had finished about 45 mins before everybody else. :s-smilie:
Reply 194
Millyshyn
On my recent Chemistry exam, I misread the question and rather than comparing the production from crude oil or crops for making ethanol for a fuel i basically explained why using ethanol as a fuel was better than crude oil fuels such as petrol for cars.. *facepalm* 5 marks down the drain.

it was in geography that i read the question that was so easy and, after i had given away the paper , i had realised i had forgotten to attempt it.
Reply 195
Ohhhh guys :smile: can't tell you how much you've cheered me up!! Went out last night and drowned my sorrows, just hope I got enough marks to pass the module!!

:ta:
Reply 196
Lovefoxxx_93
My friend only answered Section A of her RE paper, and she didn't notice why she had finished about 45 mins before everybody else. :s-smilie:

For one of my mock GCSEs I finished really early, and sat doing nothing. Then about 20 mins before the end I turned the page over to draw on it, and found another side of questions. So I had to rush through them, but still managed to do OK.
Ah, I've just remembered, one of my friends in the FSMQ exam earlier this week didn't realise that question 13 and 14 were on the back page :lol: They were the 12 (I think it's 12?) mark questions, too.
We had to answer one question from section B of an exam, i forgot this and just went straight to the first question, finished it, realised i had a choice of questions, looked through the second one, saw it was easier, started crossing out the first section, changed my mind, wrote over it, changed my mind again crossed it out, change my mind AGAIN just manged to squeeze the answer in again amongst the scribbles :P
Someone I went to school with wrote an essay on conversation instead of conservation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending